Trust and Hope

Disclaimer: this update might be too negative and upsetting. Reader discretion is advised.
---

Reaching her and pulling her in a hug, Virat tries to calm his nerves but gets worried more when Sai doesn't share her usual warmth.

They sit down together and Sai quite dryly asks him about his mission. Whatever questions he has about her and her worries are ignored by her and Virat feels increasingly distressed.

Finally, mustering some courage, Sai asks the question she has been dreading,
"Virat… kya mission se pehle kisi din aapne drink Kiya tha? Did you pass out??"
Unable to understand, Virat replies,
"Haan Sai.. lekin tum ye baar baar kyun pooch rahi ho??? Aur maine itna to nahi Piya hoga ki main pass out ho jau. Although I don't remember…par kya hua hai? Why are you asking me this??"
Virat sees the changing expressions on her face and he gets concerned more and more.
On getting no reply from her, he asks again
"Sai… please mujhe batao.. kya hua hai? Kisine kuch kaha kya??? Tum aise kyun behave kar rahi ho??? Aur tumne kya faisla liya hai??"
Shocked, Sai looks at him and it pains her more to realise that he indeed does not remember what happened between him and Pakhi.
Anguished, Sai mentally curses herself for willing to forgive him yet cannot get over the betrayal.

She quite rudely replies,
"Ab kya fayda faisla lene ka? Aapko to mil jayega jo aapko chahiye… fir mere decision se kya farak padta hai???"
"Kya matlab hai tumhara Sai??? Kya mil gaya hai??? Kya farak nahi padta???"
"Aapke jo bhi doubts hai vo aapko Ghar jaake pata chal jayenge… ghar jaiye aur Kaku aur aapki best friend se baat kijiye"
Virat gets anxious hearing this and he holds her wrist to stop her from going away.
"Sai mujhe please batao ki kya hua hai? Kaku ne kuch kaha kya tumko jab main nahi tha??? Please tell me!!!"
But by now, Sai doesn't want to speak anymore and goes away … leaving a confused Virat.

A disturbed Virat reaches home in jet speed and storms in the living area eager to assuage his doubts about the kaand that has happened in his absence.

Pakhi too saunters in with a smug look on her face, she blushes looking at him and Virat feels odd but doesn't understand her behaviour.

Bhavani Kaku moves ahead and holds his shoulders,
"Virat… main tujhse bahot khush hun… galti se hi sahi… lekin is ghar ko ab tumhara beta milne wala hai… iss ghar ka chirag aane wala hai… aise main ab tumhe Patralekha ka pura khayal rakhna hai… aur us jungli mulgi ko bhulkar Patralekha ke saath apni zindagi ki nayi shuruvat karni hai"

Virat is stunned to say the least, he looks at Ashwini and Ninad who have so much disgust in their eyes that they hang their heads in shame.
He is unable to comprehend what Bhavani Kaku is saying and looks at Pakhi and Bhavani Kaku alternatively in surprise.

"Ye aap kya bakwas kare ja rahi hai Kaku? Main aur Pakhi??? Hamara bacchha??? Aapka dimaag to thik hai??? Ye kya behuda baatein kar rahi hai aap??? Main aisa soch bhi nahi sakta… karna to dur ki baat hai… main Sai se bahot pyaar karta hun… main apne Jeeva se bahot pyar karta hun… ye ghatiya iljam aap mujh pe laga bhi kaise rahi hai"

Bhavani surprisingly just smiles and instead of getting worked up on his harsh words, caresses his arms which stuns him more.
"Virat… main jaanti hun ye sab… lekin tumhari ek bhul ka ye anjaam hua hai. Patralekha maa banne wali hai aur bacchha tumhara hai"
"Bas Kaku… bas… main nahi maanta iss baat ko… please aap ye bolna band kijiye… I have not done this… "
Virat breaksdown at this and hides his face in his hands in shame.

Not wanting to miss a chance like this, Pakhi moves towards him and puts her hand on his shoulders.
"Virat… I am so sorry… main jaanti hun mujhe tumhe rokna chahiye tha… par tum nashe main the… and you overpowered me. I couldn't stop you"
"Chiiii Pakhi.. tumhe sharam bhi aati hai ye bolte hue??? Itna kaise gir sakti ho tum???"
Pakhi tries to convince him of the authenticity of the situation and Virat feels sick to his stomach. He reaches his room, bolts the door and belches out harshly.

Calming down, he now understands Sai's behaviour towards him.
Grabbing his car keys, he quickly runs to Pulkit's house, only to be told that Sai no longer lives there and has shifted to her own accomodation.