Hope restored

A relieved yet confused Virat is sitting in his room, holding the picture frame gifted by Sunny.
He looks and smiles at it remembering how goofballs they were. 

While a part of Virat understands how he failed Sai and why she should need space from him, he cannot bear the separation, now more than ever. 

Grabbing his keys again, he quickly reaches Sai's home only to be told by Mansi bua that Sai has left for night shift. 

He reaches home dragging his feet and putting an alarm dozes off on the armchair again. 

Early morning when he wakes from the consistent ringing, Virat gets up, looks at the clock and freshening up runs through the door ignoring Ashwini who calls him out. 

As Sai walks out from the staff entrance after ending her shift, she is surprised to see the familiar white and blue police vehicle parked there and a certain someone leaning on it engrossed in scrolling through the phone. 

Sai smiles inwardly though she maintains a calm demeanor on the outside. She walks over to him and stands close which makes him look up. Seeing her, he smiles and she asks,
"Aap yaha kya kar rahe hai?"
"Tumse milne aaya tha… baat karni thi"
"Kya baat karni thi… I am very tired right now… baad main baat kare?"
"Oh okay… chalo Ghar drop kar deta hun"
"Main chali jaungi…"
"Sai ..  please na…"

Sai waits for a few seconds but then, too tired to refuse, she quietly gets into the car. Virat smiles at this and drives to her home. He ambles about waiting for her to call him in, Sai guesses it and asks him in for tea.
His face lighting up, he eagerly gets inside.
Sai moves to the kitchen when Mansi sees him come in. Noting how nonchalant Sai is, Mansi makes an excuse for the temple and goes away passing a smile at Virat.

Virat joins Sai in the kitchen and notices her subtle movements, she is moving unusually slowly and steadily.. unlike her bubbly excited character. Excusing it as her tiredness, Virat takes the cup offered and walks out with the biscuits plate behind Sai.

Sai smiles to herself and takes a seat on the sofa. Feeling a bit awkward, Virat wonders if he should sit next to her but then sits in front of her.

Silently eating the biscuits and tea, Sai waits for him to speak up, but he only seems to be interested in observing her. 
Getting slightly uncomfortable, Sai asks him,
"Kya baat karni thi aapko??"
Virat is stumped, wondering how to broach the subject.
"Vo main… puchna chah raha tha ki ab jab sab sach bahar aa gaya hai.. to tum Ghar kyun nahi chal rahi ho?"

Sai looks at him and Virat feels her eyes boring into his soul.
"Aap shayad bhul gaye ki us din maine kya kaha tha… maanti hun ki aapne koi galti nahi ki… and I am thankful for that. You held up the trust I had in you…. Par us ghar ne mujhe bahot dard diye hai… aapne mujhe bahot baar takleef di hai… main aapko chod ke jaane ki baat nahi soch rahi hun… you don't need to worry about that..  but I need to gain my peace. I lost a child in that house. I was waiting for you to be my support, to be with me and console and pacify me that only we are enough.. that we don't need a child for us to stay together… although I would have of course loved it with all my heart…. Us sab se maine apne aap ko sambhala tha ki ye sab ho gaya.. that broke me more… abhi us sab se main bahar nahi aai hun… I can't be in that house and not remember all that. 
Isliye thode din I would prefer to stay here.. you also wanted space from me… maybe you can also use this time to think and contemplate how and what we could have done differently!!!"

Virat nods, tears pooling his eyes… seeing this, Sai feels emotional, she extends her hands and places it over him which makes him look at her in surprise… but she withdraws it soon. 

He gets up and gently puts his hand on her head, she looks up and smiles a bit. 

Virat goes home and Sai leans back on the sofa caressing her tummy. Mansi comes in after some time and asks Sai.
"Nahi Bua… abhi nahi bataya… himmat nahi ho rahi hai… mujhe unhe batana hai par mujhe nahi pata ki ye sapna pura hoga ki nahi… pichli baar hamara rishta tootte tootte bacha tha… main phirse vo nahi seh paungi… thode din aur… phir to vaise bhi batana hi padega…"

Mansi nods and takes her in her arms…
"Thik hai beta… jaisa tumhe thik lage… tab tak Virat ko bhi sochne ka mauka milega ki uski galti kya hai"