Ch 39: A Terrible Reminder

Start from the beginning

N: Dark Shadow was looking up at her smiling and Aika vanished in her shadow, and appeared under her balcony's shadow. She was standing upside down in its shadow where she found Tokoyami being held there by his shadow.

Aika: "Mind telling me what the hell you think you're doing?"

Tokoyami: "Dark Shadow insisted that we hide under here. Believe me, this was not my idea."

Aika: "Yeah, I can see that. Now will the both of you get back on top of the balcony. This is worrying me right now."

Tokoyami: "You're worried? Now that's my line. How can you be standing upside down beneath your balcony right now?"

Aika: "I told you, my quirk lets me enter any shadow I want and travel through it. Now come on, I can stay like this all day but I'm not so sure you can."

N: They both returned to the top and went back in her room.

Aika: "Oh uhh, Mr. Aizawa said I can leave but just until curfew."

Tokoyami: "You didn't tell him we'd be leaving together?"

Aika: "Well I just wanted to answer his questions so he would leave faster. I forgot to mention you were coming."

Tokoyami: "And you're sure you want to go?"

Aika: "Yes, why wouldn't I be?"

Tokoyami: "Because of...today. And...what..we were doing...earlier." He said looking down while blushing, as he scratched his cheek.

Aika: "O-Oh! I-I-I mean..yeah. Yes, o-of course I still want to go. I mean, I still want to go obviously. Yeah." She said looking all over the room as she blushed heavily.

N: Tokoyami took her hand and held the bottom of her chin. When she looked at him he had returned to his natural intense, focused gaze. Aika suddenly got that strange feeling in her stomach again.

Tokoyami: "Okay."

N: He had leaned in and kissed her. Aika was surprised, but when he pulled away her stare softened and she kissed him again. Tokoyami moved his hands down to her waist and pulled her in closer. And Aika had placed her arms around him, leaning on him for support. He had taken a few steps back and he had already hit the balcony door. But Aika ended the kiss and looked down at her feet and she felt something strange.

Tokoyami: "What's wrong?"

Aika: "I....I'm okay."

Tokoyami: "Are you sure? You're..looking a bit pale."

Aika: "It's nothing. Really I'm okay, I promise." She said showing a little smile.

N: Tokoyami almost didn't believe her till she smiled, her smile gave him some what relief but he was still skeptical. Aika got worried and just kissed him again hoping he would let it go. As he moved his hands up her back she blushed and she started to feel better. But Tokoyami ran his hand through her hair and curled his fingers, Aika felt tingly for a moment. But she furrowed her brows and turned pale. She had a sudden flashback of her and Hiroto sitting on her couch watching a movie. Hiroto placed his hand on her leg and ran up her thigh.

Aika: "Hiro no. I'm not ready to go there yet, I told you."

Hiroto: "Aw come on babe. I promise you'll enjoy it~."

Aika: "I said no!" She said pushing his hand away. "Let's just watch the movie."

N: She crossed her arms and continued watching the movie. But Hiroto gritted his teeth and shook his head, then slapped Aika so hard she fell off the couch. Aika had a cut on her lip and a bloody nose now. He grabbed her by her hair and pulled her to her feet.