Chapter 19 Up and Down

Start from the beginning

"Gamsahamnida, appa." Eun Ae smiled brightly, absolutely shining because of her father's praises.

After all, she was one of the lucky few whose parents were so generous with their "I'm proud of you" or "you make us proud"

After all, she was one of the lucky few whose parents were so generous with their "I'm proud of you" or "you make us proud". Such speech does wonders for a child's growth and confidence yet was sadly used by few who claimed that they didn't want their children to get ahead of themselves.

But, it made all the difference, didn't it? In a way, the Hyun children were living testimonies of their parents' methods, patience, and most importantly, love.

"Ah, you deserve a reward. Let me show you something, darling." Hyun Bin picked up his iPad again while keeping Eun Ae sandwiched in his arms.

The minute he opened the page he was looking at, Eun Ae's eyes lit up, for if you were to know anything about Eun Ae, it would be the fact that she shared the same love for sweets as her father does. Their little one could barely contain her squeals as she enthusiastically picked out a few items, whereas Hyun Bin was more than happy to satisfy his princess' wishes.

Just like that, Hyun Bin was no longer in a conundrum.

Free shipping achieved!

Little did they know, this would only come back to bite them in the arse some day.

Soon, in fact.

And that was the core memory making up the Hyuns' Monday.

❀❀❀

Tuesday saw the Hyun family scrambling around the house as they prepared their very best Hanbok for the special celebration at the kindergarten.

It was culture day at Eun Ae and Jeong Eun's school, and the whole family planned on attending the special day together.

"Appa!" Jeong Eun was the first to run down the steps to greet his father who was already waiting at the bottom for his beautiful wife and children.

"Son." Hyun Bin patted their son's back lightly as their little man smiled cheekily at him.

Dressed in a light purple jeogori paired with a navy turquoise jokki and dark purple baji and gat, Jeong Eun was truly a mini version of Hyun Bin who was dressed in similar colours as well.

Truly, the father and son looked incredibly charming standing at the bottom of the steps with the light from the doorway lighting them up with the gallant charm of a Prince Charming.

Why of course, every Prince Charming has his queen. Jeong Eun's little queen may be waiting for him at their kindergarten, but Hyun Bin's queen was the woman of his dreams; the woman who he didn't even know he needed in his life until she appeared like a dream. And that woman was currently descending the stairs with their two princesses who radiated the same elegance and beauty as their mother.

Son Ye Jin looked equally beautiful if not even more than she did on her wedding day. Hyun Bin would have believed it if someone claimed that his wife was a character straight out of a period drama, reigning from the Joseon era. After all, not just anyone could pull off a dark pink hanbok as effortlessly as Ye Jin did, especially one embroidered delicately the way it was.