A few weeks later, Texas was explaining to the principal why he should be allowed to be a campus patrol supervisor.

"So would you, a man of dignity, crush the dreams of a poor young boy? A young boy who would just like to protect the sanctity of this campus, keep the peace with his peers, and grow his own personal responsibility?! Any dignified man would look upon a pitiful being such as myself and give it one chance, one beautiful chance, to fulfill its destiny!" Texas exclaimed.

"....well, you had me twenty minutes ago at 'please?', however I appreciate your gusto.... You'll be patrolling for period five, right after lunch," The principal said.

"Really?! Thank you sir!" Texas exclaimed. The principal smiled and nodded.

"Of course, now hurry along, I've got another meeting starting soon," The principal said. Texas nodded and left, and later celebrated his small victory with tacos.

Now it's the first day of high school.

Texas, Tito, Holly and Sven were standing outside the front gates, feeling a bit nervous.

"How bad could the first day be?" Sven asked.

"Um... depending on how well the rest of the year goes, this could be the worst or best day of high school we'll ever experience," Holly said.

"Sooo fifty-fifty?" Tito said.

"Not the worst odds...," Texas said. They exchanged looks, and went in.

Texas's first class was English, where he realized he was seated right next to someone he hadn't talked to since the international festival in middle school...

"PJ...?" Texas said.

"Call me Philip... It's been a while, Tex," Philip said. Texas hesitantly sat down next to him. He knew that Nekomi and Philip were still good friends, but Texas didn't know if that mutual friend made what happened between them less awkward. Did that sentence make sense? Idk but it's the fourth time I wrote it sooooo I'm keeping it.

"It has been a while... um... how are you doing?" Texas asked.

"I'm good... you don't have to act scared, I'm not mad at you.... Mostly at myself," Philip said.

"Oh... u-um...,"

"How's Tito? I wanted to apologize to him but he blocked my number,"

"H-his dad told him too-,"

"Even if he didn't, I'd understand... again, I'm not mad at him, mostly myself," Philip said. Texas nodded, and the bell rang for class to begin.

Later at lunch, Texas hung out with his buds under a tree.

"How was your guy's classes?" Holly asked.

"Agriculture is the best thing ever and I love life," Texas said. Tito laughed.

"We had fun in Ag, and the film class here has sooo much cool sh*t!" Tito exclaimed.

"What about your other classes?" Holly asked. Texas sighed.

"PJ is in my English... and he prefers Philip now, because PJ is just a bit to immature for him now that he's 14 I guess," Texas said.

"Oh... did he bother you?" Tito asked.

"Oh, no, it was just a bit awkward... he said he was sorry for what happened, and told me to apologize to you for him," Texas said.

"Why couldnt he apologize to me directly?" Tito asked.

"Because we both know you really don't feel like seeing him?" Texas said. Tito chuckled.

"It's been a while since what happened... I'd be ok crossing paths with him, as long as he's grown," Tito said. Texas nodded.

"Yeah... he's got super cool piercings now," Texas said.

"Oooh, like you?" Holly asked. Texas nodded.

"Mhm! And he seemed to be wearing makeup... it honestly looked pretty good. I think I'm developing a type, haha," Texas joked. Holly nodded.

"I think you're joking, but to be serious, I think I'm starting to figure out my type...," Holly said.

"Oh?" Tito said.

"I...ummmmm.... I like girls," Holly said.

"Understandable, I do too!" Texas exclaimed, and Tito got big panik. "But I also still think I like guys too....I guess the things I find most attractive vary. Like, I would say I like more sporty girls and more artsy guys. But then I also maintain in a very respectful and non-creepy way that Polands daughter is stunning, and she's neither sporty or artsy, so I guess... I'm still figuring things out?" Texas asked. Tito shrugged.

"Different people have different drawing factors... most people wouldn't say they love pizza for the same reasons they love fettuccine Alfredo," Tito said. Texas chuckled.

"I love it when you use food as metaphors, but it also makes me so hungry," Texas said. Tito smiled.

"How 'bout this, you two come over after school, and I cook you guys dinner," Tito said.

"Hell yes! Ugh, I hope I keep you around when I'm an adult, so you can cook for me all the time... you make the best food," Texas said. Holly smirked at them.

"Isn't that why people get married?" Holly asked. They all laughed, but certain things started occupying more of the boy's minds.