Thursday, 15th May 1986,
Hawkins High School,
Period 3 Maths, 11.45am,

WILL'S POV:

I was biting my pen and looking into the distance when I saw Mike smiling again. Since, Wednesday, he's been really, really, smiley and it's kind of starting to freak me out. Wasn't El planning to break up with him during his last visit? Why is he smiling then? I thought he really liked El, what's going on?

Period 4 Gym, 12.05am,

MIKE'S POV:

"What do we have next?" I asked Lucas.

"Gym, unfortunately." Lucas sighed.

"At least your good at it." I groaned as we walked to the changing rooms, Dustin and Will behind us.

"Oh no. Fairy over here is gonna be eye-ing everyone~" Troy laughed as soon Will walked in.

Lucas shoved him and told him to fuck off.

I got changed pretty quickly and was waiting around for the others to finish. I looked over at Will, he had just removed his shirt. I never noticed how many moles he had. Something about that was oddly cute. I really wanted to hug him, like, right now. I bit my lip slightly.

"Bro, you checking out Will or something??" Dustin whispered to me smirking.

"What!? No! Why would you even say that??" I whisper-yelled.

"Because you just looked him up and down and were biting your lip! You like him or something?" He whisper-yelled.

"W-What?! No, no. I don't like Will like that." I muttered. I looked back at Will and he had finished dressing up and was tying the laces of his trainers.

"I know, I know. I was just kidding." Dustin laughed.

We started walking into the gym together and I couldn't stop about what Dustin asked. I've never had to ask myself that question before so I haven't really ever thought about it. I mean, my attention has mostly been on him most of my life but that's just because he's my best friend and he went missing so I just wanted to look after him. I don't like him like that.

Right?

The Wheelers' House,
11.45pm,

MIKE'S POV:

Since gym, that question hasn't left my head. Do I like Will in a romantic way? I really just don't know. A few years ago, I would've had the immediate answer, 'no', but now, I don't really know.

I buried my face in my pillow. Everything has been really confusing and stressful(?) lately. My best friend hates me, my ex girlfriend is actually dating her best friend who happens to be a girl and now, I'm in my room, losing sleep over if I like my best friend romantically or not. What the fuck is even going on? Even if I did, it doesn't change the fact he doesn't want to see my face.

This is so confusing.

Friday, 16th May 1986,
Hawkins High School,
Break, 10.55am,

WILL'S POV:

I was walking around the hallway with Max and El. I swear I'm always third-wheeling. Soon, we were greeted by Dustin and Lucas.

"Hey guys!" Lucas said brightly.

"Hey!" I smiled at them.

"Have any of you seen Mike today?" Dustin asked.

"No, I think he's off sick. He was supposed to be in my Spanish class." I shrugged.

"Oh, I hope he's okay." El sighed. Perhaps she felt it was her fault he's not here since she broke up with him.

"I'm sure he's fine." Max smiled, rubbing her back.

Max held El by her waist and pulled her into a hug. El kissed her forehead and lay her head on Max's shoulder.

"Oh my god. We get it, you guys are dating. You don't have to be like 2 seconds from making out every where you go." Dustin laughed rolling his eyes.

"Your just jealous you can't see your sUzIe PoO~" Max whined.

"Shut up, Max! You're so lucky you got to see her!" Dustin yelled at Max before turning to me and whining. "Was she pretty? She was super pretty right!?"

"Yeah, she was pretty." I laughed.

The rest of break was a blur of laughter, arguments between Dustin and Max that Lucas and I somehow kept getting caught in the middle of and El just watching all of it unfold. It was a lot of fun.

I really missed all of them.

.
.
.

The Wheelers' House,
Mike's Bedroom,
01.15pm,

MIKE'S POV:

"Mike? Are you feeling any better?" Mom asked, walking into my room.

"No.." I muttered.

"Well, if you need anything, I'll be downstairs, okay?" She said, smiled and left.

When I could no longer hear her footsteps, I got up and grabbed one my books from my table and ripped a piece if paper from the back.

I wrote a few things down, folded it, got the box from my bag, opened it, slid the note it and put it back in my bag.

I put my bag on and ran downstairs.

"I- I just remembered I left something at Will's house!" I said before leaving. I got on my bike and rode to his house.

.
.
.

JONATHAN'S POV:

I was just getting something to eat when there was loud knocking on the door. Who could it be? Maybe mom got off work early? But she has a key so she shouldn't be knocking.

I walk to the door and open it.

"Mike? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?" I asked, surprised.

"Hi, uh, I'm kind of in a rush!" Mike said as he moved past me and walked into Will's room.

"What're you doing??" I asked again.

He was in and out of Will's room pretty quickly.

"Please, don't tell Will I was here, bye!" He pleaded as he left, got back on his bike and rode away.

What the fuck just happening?

.
.
.
.
.

[AUHTOR NOTE]:

I'm really sorry, I feel like this chapter was really rushed and was just really bad. I might re-do it but I'm not completely.

I hope you enjoyed it regardless!

WORD COUNT: 1496!

Have a nice day/afternoon/night! <3