Working women

Narrator's POV

"Anirudh...I had some work with you" Trilochan knocked in.

"Arey Kaka, you don't have to knock, come in come in" he welcomed him. 

"Hmm.. so, one of our rentals hadn't turned in the finances of the land until now. But these look very off, I am not sure how to figure them out. So, I thought I could use your help."

"Kaka, I haven't even looked at the finances of our lands for years. Maybe saurabh or munshi ji could help you better. I can still take a look at it though just to see if I can be of any help."

"Actually munshi only brought it to me saying he is unable to understand it. He thinks the renter deliberately made confusions on the papers because he has done something illegal with the land. But he is smart so he made the paper look clean."

"Interesting, now that I am looking at it, a normal person could say that the papers look fine. But the numbers are off somewhere. I can't figure out exactly."

At that moment, luckily, Som was passing by and Anirudh called on him "Dada, do you need something"

"Yes, look at these papers."

"Who made this, the calculations are messed up"

"One of the rentals, can't believe they are trying to trick the zamindaars, how shameless" Trilochan busted out.

"Kaka, calm down. Give it to munshi ji or saurabh dada"

"They only figured that there are errors on this but just like us he can't figure out where" Anirudh responded.

"Wait Kaka, have you shown this to boudi yet?"

Trilochan nodded in a no.

"Why boudi...I mean bondita?"

"Dada, don't you know she is a genius!! She is an expert mathematician, she solves anything within a blink of an eye" Som exaggerated. 

"Really?" Anirudh confirmed.

"Haan dada, wait kaka, why didn't you give it to boudi yet. Doesn't she overlook finances with you?"

"She does?" Anirudh was startled. He never knew all of this. By her talks, he knew she was educated. But a math geek? Overlooking finances? What else was going on in the house that he wasn't aware of?

"Haan but...but ..but she"

"but she what kaka?" Som said

"She is bahu no"

"so what?" Anirudh said. 

"ofo kaka" Som let out. 

"Kaka, really just because she is bahu you won't ask her for help or what?" Anirudh got irritated. "Anyway Som, let's go find your boudi"

"Haan dada, come It was time for our session only. She is probably in batuk's room"

"What session?"

"Boudi makes me and batuk sit together and study. She helps us in all our subjects. Especially math, that's why i knew. I was heading there itself before you called me."

"Wonder what else she does" anirudh whispered under his breath.

"Acha, before I get too late lets go. Boudi doesn't like it when either of us are late.

The brothers headed to Batuk's room. Where they found Bondita waiting on Som's arrival by walking back and forth the front door. 

"Som, you know how important punctuality is"