A long night

Narrator's POV

Bondita walked in the study, while Anirudh was working on his case. It was pretty late at night, she quietly kept his coffee, some snacks and the book she borrowed. Anirudh looked up "How was the book" 

"oh sorry, i didn't mean to disturb you"

"That's fine, It is good to take a break, it will refresh my mind" he said getting up. 

"Well, it was good but honestly not that great. I think it is overrated."

"Really? You know this is the most popular romance novel written by a renowned author - Shakespeare?"

"I know but really it's just a love story between two dumb teens who knew each other for three days which caused bloodshed and then died themselves? I mean what sort of a love story is that. This isn't love, this is stupidity." Bondita said confidently

"Wow, now that I think about it it's actually true. So, what is love for you"

"Hmm...well people often confuse love with physical affection but I think physical affection is just a way of showing people that you love them. But it's more about emotional connections. Understanding each other, trusting each other, promising to never leave them alone, standing with them under all circumstances, supporting them, giving them guidance. Love comes in all forms, love for parents, love for siblings, love for animals, books, music, love between a husband and wife"

"Deep thoughts, have you ever loved someone?"

"Yes"

"Who?"

"My parents, I love my parents. I love sampoorna di, and saurabh dada. I don't love mama mami, they are bad people. I love your family too they are really nice." Bondita replied walking around the study, dusting here and there.

Anirudh was curious that she didn't mention Joy. By Saurabh's words it seemed that Bondita' didn't love him as a serious lover, it was more of a friendship for her. 

"Anyway barrister babu, you work on your case but don't be up too late. Make sure you are well rested for your hearing tomorrow. Goodnight"

"Goodnight Bondita" Anirudh chuckled. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Anirudh's POV

I liked having Bondita around. She gave me company, always lingering behind me "barrister babu did you eat yet. Barrister babu did you drink water. Barrister babu take rest now, barrister babu this barrister babu that" She took care for me, gave me time something which no one else did. Baba was always busy with work, my brothers were too young, Kaka was managing three kids and I moved out for studies at a pretty young age. So, I had basically been alone for a long time. As for Saudamini, I mean our interactions were kinda limited to just social gatherings, letters or playing tennis. She is a good friend though. But Bondita, she is different, her care for our family, my brothers, me it shows. She is also a very opiniated women, and pretty headstrong for a our time. Her thoughts are different from the world, our thoughts matched.

I woke up and quickly got ready for the hearing. I was running late, maybe I should have listened to Bondita and slept early. Taking all my files and bag I rushed out of the study. 

"Barrister Babu, where are you going have your breakfast" Bondita screamed from behind. This lady just magically seems to know where I am. 

"Bondita, I am going to the court. I don't have time for breakfast"

"Wait wait 2 secs, shotti, give me 2 secs."

"Arey Bondita..." she was gone already. 

"Here.. I rolled up this roti it has some aloo bhujiya inside. You can take bites of it please don't skip breakfast. And a spoon of this dahi shakkar. Good luck for the case" she held up the spoon and handed me the roll. It was normal for me to skip breakfast sometimes, I mean work demands. No one even wished me good luck like bondita did. I quickly ate the dahi shakkar and left for court