4. Halloween parties always end in misery

October of 85'

       The leaves had changed to an array of reds and yellows in Hawkins and the pumpkins, ghouls and skeletons were on display throughout the town.

     The Callahan family had always been fans of Halloween so despite marital problem going on in the family, or specifically to Mark, they put in their all.

       Due to the chaos it was only a week before Halloween and Mrs. Callahan was outside ordering her husband where to put up orange and black string lights while Phillip and Mark carried bundles of hay.  Kathryn, Lori, Judith and Cady were carving pumpkins on the porch when a vehicle pulled into the driveway.

The guy getting out of the truck was no other than Jason Carver, Cady's basketball star boyfriend. Now that Steve Harrington had graduated he was the new team captain, so he was always busy and didn't hang around with them much.

"Morning Jason." Mary said in a sweet tone.

    "Good morning Mrs. Callahan I haven't seen you in a long time." Jason and Cady's family had been over a few times so they were all accustomed to each other.

"That's a shame you're a sweet boy and we'd be glad to have you over more."

"That's a fucking lie." Kathryn muttered in Lori's ear.

Cady shot her a look like she could read her mind, or maybe it was the fact that Kathryn was horrible at whispering and always had been.

     Cady went over to where Jason was and gave him a hug and a peck on the lips.

"Do you guys need any help?" Jason asked Kat's brothers a little after he kissed Cady.

"We sure do, moms practically trying to make a house out of all this stuff." Mark struggled to bring the huge hay stacks closer to the door.

"Mark watch it you know what I'm doing." Their mother was trying to make the area well decorated, especially the place where she could hand out candy to all the trick or treaters.

"I'll lend you both a hand just tell me where to put them." Jason picked a hay bale up and put it exactly where they told him too.

"Cady you're so lucky, that boys hot." Judith stared at him seeing his abs through his shirt as he lifted the heavy stacks.

"Arent I?" Cady wasn't even bothered that she called him hot, that's just how Judith was. She knew she wouldn't try to steal him from her.

Lori mouthed 'hot?' causing Kat to almost laugh out loud.

"Yes hot you too." Judith announced knowing exactly what they were saying.

       "Okay yea yea he's a total heart throb. What are we doing next week?" Lori had just finished the pumpkin she was carving, a pumpkin with jagged teeth and bulged eyes.

       "That things creepy." Judith ignored her

        "You're creepy, what are we doing?"

      "We're going to Chris Amberton's Halloween bash." Cady spoke as she carved a heart into her pumpkin and put j + c in the middle of it, thus causing Kat to roll her eyes.

       "Fuck yea, how'd we get an invitation to that?" Lori questioned.

      "You know Jason gets an invite to basically all the parties." Judith places her arm around Lori's shoulders.

       "Right I forgot Cady had a popular boyfriend."

That caused Cady to flip her a finger, but as friends they all knew how to joke around with eachother.