🦋 Blueberries 🦋

𝙱𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

𝙱𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

For the celebration of the blueberry day (8th July), we, The Wallflower Community, has bought forth some health benefits and facts about this delicious berry.

The blueberry bush (Vaccinium sect. Cyanococcus) is a flowering shrub that produces berries with a bluish, purple hue - also known as blueberries.
These beautiful berries are sweet, nutritious, tasty and wildly popular. Low in calories and are incredibly good for you.

NUTRITIONAL VALUE:
Fiber: 4 grams
Vitamin C: 24% of the RDI
Vitamin K: 36% of the RDI
Manganese: 25% of the RDI
and- Small amounts of various other nutrients.

NUTRITION FACT:
Blueberries cointain about 85% water, and an entire cup contains only 84 calories, with 15 grams of carbohydrates.

Now, let us take a look on how these berries improve our health.

King of Antioxidant foods- Blueberry
-Antioxidants protect your body from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage your cells and contribute to aging and diseases, such as cancer.
Blueberries are believed to have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all common fruits and vegetables.
The main antioxidant compounds in blueberries belong to a family of polyphenols antioxidants called flavonoids. Eating Blueberries have been shown to directly increase antioxidant levels in your body.

Several studies suggest that blueberries and blueberry juice reduce DNA damage, which is a leading driver of aging and cancer.

Blueberries Protect Cholesterol in Your Blood From Becoming Damaged
-The antioxidants in blueberries have been shown to reduce a predominant risk factor for heart disease by preventing oxidative damage to "bad" LDL cholesterol.

Blueberries may lower blood pressure
-They are significantly beneficial for people who have high blood pressure, thus, reducing the risk of a major heart disease.

Blueberries may help prevent heart diseases
-Some evidence indicates that eating fruits rich in anthocyanins - such as blueberries - is associated with a reduced risk of heart attacks.

They can help maintain brain function and improve memory
-Oxidative stress can accelerate your brain's aging process, negatively affecting brain function. The
antioxidants in blueberries seem to benefit your brain by aiding brain function and delaying mental decline.

Anthocyanins in Blueberries May Have Anti-Diabetes Effects
-Providing moderate amounts of sugar compared to other fruits, Several studies demonstrate that blueberries have anti-diabetes effects, improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood
sugar levels.

Help fighting urinary tract infections
-Blueberries contain substances that can prevent certain bacteria from binding to the wall of your bladder, which may help prevent UTIs.

Blueberries May Reduce Muscle Damage After Strenuous Exercise

Blueberries are incredibly healthy and nutritious.They boost your heart health, brain function and numerous other aspects of your body.
What's more, they're sweet, colorful and easily enjoyed either fresh or frozen.
Top these goodies in your next meal or have them as a snack!
Your body will thank you.

_________________________________________

Topic: Blueberries

Writer: kaoesthetic

Genre: Article