🌙 Moon 🌙

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫

For as long as humans have gazed skyward, the moon has been a focus of fascination. This bright and round celestial body, though tainted by numerous imperfections, is still one of the most beautiful thing to ever exist.

Presenting now, an article on the Moon, by- The Wallflower community.

The moon is a feminine symbol, universally representing the rhythm of time as it embodies the cycle. The phases of the moon symbolize immortality and eternity, enlightenment or the dark side of Nature herself.

》History

The word moon can be traced to the word mōna, an Old English word from medieval times. Mōna shares its origins with the Latin words metri, which means to measure, and mensis, which means month. So, we see that the moon is called the moon because it is used to measure the months. Interesting, isn't it?

》Discovery

Galileo Galilee was the first person to observe moon with a home made telescope in the year 1609.
At the time, most scientists believed that the Moon was a smooth sphere, but Galileo discovered that the Moon has mountains, pits, and other features, just like the Earth.

On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong  became the first human to step on the moon. 

》Affect on humans

Turns out, the moon isn't just a beacon of light in the night sky; its existence is crucial to the delicate balancing act that makes life on Earth possible. The moon has the largest influence on Earth's tides and, without it, high and low tides would shrink by an estimated 75%.

The moon gently energizes, in contrast with the sun's sharp brightness. Moonlight exposure is thought to also relieve anxiety and stress and improve relaxation by prompting the natural release of melatonin.
This could be a reason why many of us feel at peace while staring at the moon.

Several studies have shown that people experience 30% less deep sleep during the Full Moon as compared to the rest of the month. Why is this? Researchers believe our internal biological rhythms may be linked to the Moon's cycle.
Changes in sleep can have dramatic effects on your overall mood – causing irritability, decreased concentration and focus, impatience, and elevated levels of the stress hormone, cortisol.

》A beauty

The moon hangs in the sky, and becomes as much like the sun as it can, by reflecting the light which the sun gives it, and this makes the moon beautiful.

It's soft light is pleasing to the eye and hypnotizing, which is the reason why we could never get tired of staring at it.

》Facts

• The Moon is Earth's only natural satellite and the fifth largest moon in the solar system.

• The Moon's presence helps stabilize our planet's wobble and moderate our climate.

• The Moon's distance from Earth is about 240,000 miles (385,000km).

• The Moon has a very thin atmosphere called an exosphere.

》Selenophile: A Person Who Loves the Moon.

》Some mythical Gods related with the moon
• Selene • Artemis • Nyx • Diana • Sin •

"Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star." - W. Clement Stone.

_____________________________________________

Topic: Moon

Writer: kaoesthetic

Genre: Article