"If you have nothing better to do with your life, go die or something."

It was Mike, and Dustin and Lucas were behind him.

"Seriously, man. What, do you want Jane to break your arm again before you learn your lesson?" Lucas scoffed walking to Will. He patted his back and escorted him to English.

Troy rubbed the back of his head, flipped off Mike and him and James walked off.

"What an ass." Dustin sighed.

"Seriously, I don't know what his problem is." Max scoffed.

"He's like, obsessed with Will or something." Mike said, annoyed.

English Room,
Period 1, 8.55am,

WILL'S POV:

No matter how I think about it. I'm going to have to thank him. Max would've probably done something but he still helped me. I don't want to talk to him but he saved my ass so.

I sit next to Lucas in English and then after him its Mike. I don't want to actually talk to him so I'll just write him a note or something.

Quietly, I ripped a piece of paper from the very back of my book.

' Thanks. '  is all I wrote on it. I was going to ask Lucas to pass it to Mike for me but I decided not to.

I threw it at him. Directly at his head and turned to face the other direction with my head resting on my palm.

I turned slightly to look at him. He picked yo the paper and unfolded it and just looked at it confused. I saw him write something. He threw back to me.

' For what? '

' For helping with Troy and James. ' I wrote and threw it back to him, not at his head this time.

He wrote something and was about it to throw it when Lucas stopped him.

"Y'know it's really distracting to see paper flying from left to right and vice versa. If you guys want to talk to each other that badly just ask to swap seats with me or something." Lucas laughed, rolling his eyes.

I could feel my face getting hot so I buried my face in my desk.

Lunch Hall,
1.10pm,

MIKE'S POV:

I sat down at our usual table with the others and thought back to English. For some reason, I thought it was cute that he was passing notes with me. I think that maybe, we might've gotten closer. I don't know though and I don't want to get my hopes up.

"Mikeee? Hellooo??" Eddie said, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? What?" I asked.

"I asked if you were still hosting Hellfire at your place this Friday." Dustin said.

"Uhh- I don't know." I muttered, "Yeah, no. Not this week, sorry, I'm busy."

"Ughhh, Eddie, yours then?" Dustin pleaded.

"Uh, no. I'm busy." Eddie said.

"How are you busy? What are you even doing??" Dustin sighed.

"I'm watching a movie with someone." Eddie replied, playing with his rings.

"WHAT." Lucas said.

"You're going on a movie date??" Dustin yelled.

"Shut up, man. And yeah, I guess." Eddie muttered.

Tired if their yelling, I turned to Max, Will and El. Will doesn't have any lunch, why? Maybe he finished it..but I didn't see him get any.

"Hey, did Will eat anything?" I whispered to Max.

"Aweee, you care?" Max said in some stupid, high-pitched voice.

"Yes, I care. Anyway, did you him see eat anything?" I asked.

"Just an apple, why?" She said.

"Uh- no reason." I muttered.

"What are you guys whispering about?" El asked, tilting her head.

"Nothing, nothing." I said.

"Friends don't lie, Mike. Especially, boyfriends." She said, pouting. To be honest, I kinda forgot we were dating. Back when we were kids, it seemed like we were both absolutely head over heels for each other. I don't know when and why that changed but it just did. I'm starting to have second thoughts about us dating..

"Mike!" Max yelled.

"What!? Why the hell are you yelling directly into my ear, are you trying to make me go deaf??" I yelled back.

"Maybe. Anyway, El asked if you could come over again, today. So?" Max said.

"Uh- sure?" I said, confused.

I looked to Will and he rolled his eyes. I guess he still didn't want to see him. I thought we broke some ice in English but I guess not. I sighed and looked away.

"Bro, you good?" Lucas asked, "You look kind of upset. Something happen?"

"Nah, I'm good." I sighed. "Also, I'm sorry I was being rude to you last week and yesterday. I only just realised how much of a shitty friend I've been."

"Nah, man. It's understandable. I left you guys to be popular. But yeah, I forgive you." He laughed.

The Byers' House,
3.45pm,

MIKE'S POV:

I walked into the living room, waved to Jonathan and headed toward El's room.

"Hey, why did you want me to come over again?" I asked, entering her room and to no surprise, saw Max was there too. "It's like you two never spilt."

I laughed and sat down. The air was kind of tense(?)

"What's wrong?" I asked El tapping her shoulder.

"Mike.." She muttered. I took both her hands in mine and asked what was wrong again.

"Mike..I want us to break up.. "