Chapter 14. Ahmad's Dilemma

I'm dedicating this chapter to my special friends and anyone who has supported me in any way since I started writing this story.🥰🦋

Asmau Nurudeen (Jasmine): She provided the photo for our captivating cover. She has been an amazing friend.

Abdul-Wahab Muhammad (Dr. Honey): He voted for every chapter. He read our story even though he doesn't really read novels. That means so much to me. Thanks for all you do man. I really appreciate it.

Hanifah Abdulmalik(Daisy): She is online every day looking for images for our story. Thanks for your background support. I love you, sweetheart.

Lidia, Veronica, and Keilah: I don't know how to thank these angels. They persuaded me to go into storytelling. Thank you girls for all you do. I will not disappoint you, I promise.

To mention but a few. From the depth of my heart, I appreciate anyone who has at least taken a peek at this book. It doesn't matter if you're a ghost reader. Thank you so much guys, remain blessed. Alhamdulillah for the gift of life.

*****

Ahmad's Dilemma.

It had been almost half an hour since Zayn's arrival at Omar's office and the brothers seemed to be quite engaged in small talk.

Omar was already getting bored so decided he would take his brother for a walk around the facility and show him how things were run in the company. Almost abruptly he stood up from his chair and walked up to the door, then turned around, toward Zayn who was texting Ahmad on his phone.

"Come, let me show you around." He offered and Zayn looked up from his phone, without uttering a single word he rose to his feet and followed behind him. Veem was going to follow them too, but he motioned him to stay behind in the office. He couldn't have him sticking around all the time, he was slightly irritated by it.

"Man, I see you got yourself a bodyguard?" Omar asked as soon as they got out of the room.

"Honestly it was my old man's idea. I don't know why I'm still keeping him." He said flatly, stealing a glance at his phone to see if he got any message from Ahmad yet.

"You know, since I'm such a big baby my father decided to hire a watchdog to monitor my movements." He added and Omar laughed as they strolled across the corridor.

"I thought you were the one who didn't know your way around the city and needed a chauffeur to drive you around." Omar pointed out teasingly.

"Not particularly. At least a navigator could easily get the job. I can't blame my father though, he has his reasons by the way."

*****

Zayn was quite impressed by Omar's management of the company. Things turned out to be better than he expected. After visiting half the departments and interrogating some of the staff he couldn't help but admit that his friend had done a great job managing his father's Business. It was five years since he took over from his elder sister, Aisha, and was already making immense progress in the company. He kind of wondered how Omar managed to be a celebrity and take on those huge responsibilities.

"So, you're having no trouble running this company all by yourself?" He asked, staring back at Omar and watching as his eyes grew wistful. They were heading to the lunchroom. Though the lunch break was almost over, but the brothers wanted to eat something before leaving for the masjid to observe their Zuhr prayer (the Islamic prayer by Afternoon)