13 | someone is spoilt

𝐈 sit down on the chair, defeated. "Where are you now?"

"Bathroom," she answers in a lower voice. "We had P.E. but I skipped saying I have my menstruation."

"Oh," I mumble. "Did dad say anything to Trevor?"

She keeps quiet and I pinch my nose bridge in disappointment. This is not what I thought in my wildest list. The last thing I never knew I wanted was to let dad threaten Trevor.

That's more like a weak step.

"I will call you later," I tell and disconnect, dropping the phone on the table. The tightening in my chest creates knots everywhere in my body, letting an unwanted vein throb inside my brain.

My mom fills up a glass of water and slides it toward me. "Is everything alright?"

I almost smile at her question as if she just cracked a joke. "Does it look like it, mom?"

She stares at me longingly and stutters, "I don't... understand..."

I close my eyes and empty the water in the glass. With a clenching fist, I inform, "Dad went to school and––"

The sound of a car pulling into the driveway makes me run to the door. Dad enters with a grim face, ignoring me.

"Where were you?" I ask, following him to the stairs.

He again ignores me and climbs the steps. "Zelda, I will be leaving in five minutes. Wait for me."

My eyes drill into him but he walks away, infuriating me even more. "You went to school and fought, didn't you!?"

He stops in his tracks and glances at me sideways. His glare doubles the stab in my stomach. "Who told you such things?"

"That doesn't matter dad," I grit out. "But the fact that you proved that I am weak––!"

"You are not weak!" he snaps so harshly that I flinch back.

This is new to me. Tristan Hollway, my father, never screamed at me. It's like everything changed after my action. Where did I lose dad?

Mom instantly covers my shoulders and pulls me towards her. "You are scaring her!"

"I––" Dad takes a step towards me and pauses when he notices me looking at him with fearful eyes. He composes his figure and leaves for their room.

"Kate," mom whispers to my frozen figure. "Everything will be alright."

"I have heard this for a while," I bite my lip, with tears pricking the corner of my eyes. "I never have been so vulnerable. I feel like tied with invisible ropes, I cannot do anything."

Her features soften at my explanation. "Going to the doctor will help––"

"You mean a psychiatrist!" I cry, detaching myself from her. This is what I hated and she knew it. It's like the people around me like when I get worked up, when I give them the reactions they expect from me. "I am not crazy, mom."

"Who says you are crazy, Kate? But a psychiatrist will understand your situation more, just like a friend."

I blink at her and chortle. "A friend? I don't need a friend. I don't want anyone to sympathize me."

I ascend the stairs, leaving mom surprised.

"Kate, no! Wait!"

⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓

I spend the whole day in my room, staring at the window, not giving any shit to my surroundings.

Someone knocks and I get alerted. My parents are not at home and neither I heard any car's engine.