vii. another step forward

Começar do início

Of course, not without enchanting Tutu to make it sound as if she were in there.

It was obvious that Tallula would not let her stay in her room alone without constant checkups for the next few nights at the very least, but Anna was out of the house now, and her older sister would not have a way of finding her unless she went through the trouble of a tracking spell, but that would all be up to her. It wasn't Anna's problem now.

Crossing her arms over her sweater to keep out the cold, Anna leaned against the bleachers, waiting for Stiles as he had said just a few minutes prior that he was going to check in with Scott. Before coming to the game, Anna had managed to fix herself up. Her hair was no longer a tangled mess, instead laying completely brushed-through over her shoulders. She had an actual outfit on, alternatively to the thin tank tops and old jeans she'd pick up immediately after setting her eyes on them. There was nothing much to be done about the tired look her expression carried or the bags that still remained under her eyes, but she managed to have an upbeat energy to her when talking to people if it made any difference. She was trying, and hopefully that'd be enough to get by for now.

"As I said, I haven't been to one of these games before, so just remember to fill me in on what's going on, will you?" An elderly gruff voice came into earshot behind Anna.

"Oh, yeah, of course." A second person had replied. The voice was much younger and feminine. As much as it seemed sweet and truthful, Anna couldn't help but notice a little bit of agitation, or tension, to it. In fact, the vocal sound itself seemed very familiar.

The brunette girl turned her head as the pair walked next to her, and unintentionally caught contact with the younger person. Surprise must have been apparent on her features, because it was on the other girl's as well. Allison. That's who she'd been hearing. She was walking arm in arm with an older man who was clearly her grandfather, who Anna recognized as the principal of Beacon Hills Highschool. He seemed confused as to why Allison had stopped short randomly, turning his head around to face the witch.

"Is this one of your friends, Allison?" He asked the brown eyed girl next to him. He smiled warmly at Anna, and she quickly returned the gesture.

"Oh, um-" The huntress began her reply, but was cut off by Stiles' running up to them quickly. He too seemed a little shocked at the three of them together, but instead clapped his hands together before opening his arms in a 'well, look at this!' kind of indication.

"Great!" He said. "You both are here, actually, I was just going to come ask you to help me find them." Stiles turned his body around to Anna, snapping his fingers as he pointed to her.

"Right, well, lucky day!" Anna laughed awkwardly. She unfolded her arms and twisted her fingers around nervously, she knew the plan already, getting the keys from Allison's grandfather to unlock his office and see if he had the supernatural book they needed somewhere in there, but she wasn't actually planning on seeing them. She barely knew the other girl, she was just there to help Stiles once the keys were in his hands.

"Stiles. Nice to see you again." The new principal said stiffly. Obviously, he was still holding a few grudges against the boy, to put it nicely.