Chapter 10: Mysterious Princess of Devgarh

Luv in his room is trying to calm himself. Just then his phone rings his brother was calling. He takes in a deep breath, before answering. 

On the other side. UV was feeling terrible. He has gone too far with his words this time. His thoughts was broken when his phone rings.

"hi bhai, how are you?" asks Kush. after few minutes of small talk kush adds "Actually I'm worried about bhai I was just talking to him, he sounds very low. Kuch hua hai? Do you know?

UV was silent he knew what the issue was. Kush continues "Luv bhai was saying he is he wants to come as soon as possible. He is not saying anything to me. And..." pauses Kush "he mentioned Shruti so I'm very worried" 

"Don't worry, I will look into it. You keep focused on your studies". UV felt worse than before. Luv had always been there for him and he doubted him and that too for a girl. A girl whom he meet few months ago and is only his friend and can only be that. This thought brings up a incident in his mind from 10 years ago. 

*********

"aapne humhe bulaya dad" UV saying knocking on the door

"Aaiye beta" 

Young Uday enters the room and takes his dad's blessings. Jaigarh kids despite being far from India were still close to their roots.

"khush raho (he holds both his hand) Today I want to talk about something very important. (Uday nods his head) you are growing into a young man, you will have girls who ... who will go crazy for you.." At just 13, he was stud of the his school. Girls, juniors and seniors, were crazy for him already. At his father's remake he thinks 'more than they are already?' and smirks to himself.

"Aap sun rahe ho?" asks his father 

"Ji dad" 

Hesitantly Giri adds "I understand you are getting older" (he pauses to think of his next words carefully). UV knew what his father was indicating at & thinks to himself 'oh god he is gonna talk to me about puberty or worst birds and bees. Please god humhe bacha lo'

" and I am not stopping you from (Giri thinks sex? Nai nai urges?? Girls?... this is hard he thinks)... from enjoying your youth.... but always remember you are a Yuvraj. You have duties to your throne, the people and your father. It is my dream for Jaigarh to be powerhouse amongst all royals. I want to see you as head of mahabshaba. To rule not only Jaigarh but other royals. And this dream is only possible if you marry into another Royale family. Mahashaba is very keen on keeping royal blood pure. If you want your future and Jaigarh's future to be bright then remember my words" UV was still his mothers' shadow and so Giri adds "we can do lot of good for our people and even others with this power."

"ji dad I will fulfill all your and Jaigarh's dreams"

Giri was proud of his son "always be careful beta. There are going to be people (indicating at those going after fame and money) who will do anything to get your attention. remember your goals and make your decisions wisely"  

" ji" Giri kisses his son forehead.

*********

'He was looking out for me and I... said such horrible things. Humhe pata nai kya ho jata hai.' Uday props himself on his bed face down in the pillow 'why did i have to go kiss her. I hope she is not mad at me, luv was right, I will end up ruining our friendship" he turns around "hum bhi na bewakoofi kar behte' shaking his head at himself. His inner voice tries to defend his actions 'it was just in the moment, the atmosphere was just like that. it meant nothing.  plus it meant nothing to her, you saw her. Wase bhi humne kitni ladkiyo ko kiss kiya hai so what....(thinking more) but luv said he saw me falling in love with her, why did he feel that?.... Noo, Nooo hum pyaar mein nai mante aur hum jante bhi nai kya hota hai... its probably just infatuation... or crush. Not a big deal.... Just focus on your goals Uday' He tries to sleep but it was not going to come easy tonight.