Chapter 2 - The Foreign Exchange Student

This chapter is  short and has lot of moving parts as its introduction to Mansi/Manyata and her life in USA and setting Uday's story as well. 

Morning was here and it was time for Devgarh princesses to leave. After bidding everyone goodbye, they head to AirPort. There, they headed towards their own gates.

In London -  Jaigarh Mansion

Uday was exercising, deep in thought.

"bhai... bhai (breaking Uday from his thoughts) aapki ticket aa gayi hai" says Kush

Luv adds"Confirmation for the house is complete. Aapko airport pe aapki car dene Mr. Kaur aa jayenge"

"great!" replies Uday as he grabs his towel. "Kush aapki school ka ho gaya?"

 "ji bhai. Thank you for everything" says a grateful Kush. 

"Luv when will you come?"

"Uday banna hume India jana hai, Maharaj ne kuch kaam diya hai. Hum 3 4 weeks baad aa jayenge aapke paas. Unless you need me there early"

"no its fine"

After breakfast, Uday got ready and goes to office. His phone rings. "Siddd...how are you man?"

"great as always, kaise hai aap yuvraji"

"baas office aaya hoon. you tell"

"university ka vacation hai aur tum office mein. Kitne boring ho yaar"

"Yuvraj hai hum, no vacation for me. Waise dad se milne aaye hai aur kuch nai"

"lets party tonight? Next three nights you are mine before you leave"

"Cool, See you at our usual place?" confirm Uday before hanging up. 

******************************************

After almost 22 hour journey, Manyata reaches Boston. She heads home from the airport. Her home was a beautiful colonial architect. The house had long driveway that was surrounded by trees. It was in an elite neighborhood. Dadishaheb (grandmother) had rented a house for Manyata close to campus despite M's disapproval. She couldn't win against her family. M did not want to stay alone so she invited her friends, Isha and Jen to stay with her. Not to be caught , she told them it was her relatives house, who moved back to India, and lives here rent free. Her Dadishaheb also wanted Manyata to have servants but she declined, wanting to live as normal as possible.  

Few hours later, Isha arrives at the house. "aa gayi" says M as she opens the door.

"finally yaar " say Isha as she slouches on the sofa... "how was your flight"

"mat puch yaar, delays delays delays!" M & I spend the day sleeping in as they were jet lagged. The next day, Jen joined them. "Jen i missed you" greets an excited M

"me too. How was india?" inquires Jen ..."it was great to be with my family" replies M

"Isha, married yet?" jokes Jen knowing her friend's dilemmas. 

"ha ha, you are so funny!" isha mocks her and adds "but nooo dodged a bullet" 

"aww....okay, let me change and then we go out? Lets go to NYC for dinner. We can stay there for the weekend?" asks Jen to which M & I agree. 

******************************************

It was finally Monday. Uday had to report to main building for his orientation. Once there he sees a sign: new student to the right & foreign exchange students to the left. He waits for his turn.