Chapter 4: A bet

2 month leap

It was Friday night rather than their usual shenanigans, everyone was buried in their books as midterms were next week. M was studying at UV's house. Ever since their project was completed, two months ago, they have been studying together for that class. M liked to study with him as he was just like her - at least in studying -  challenging and questioning things everything. He liked to study with her, as he loved to annoy her and watch her reactions to his antics. As much as she showed she didn't like it, she was getting use him and his antics.

The Maid comes with juice for them. "Thank you Rosy" UV says as he grabs the juice. Rosy  smiles and leaves. Before UV can even take a spi, M was gulping her juice. "dheere princess kahi bhaga nai jaa raha"

"I'm stressed yaar there is so much to cover, i get very hungry when i am stressed"

"aapne pehle kyu nai bataya hum abhi aap liya kuch mangvate hai"

Pointing to her juice, she says "nai i am good now"

"pakka?", M nodded yes. UV adds "lets finish these two chapters and then we can meet up with others for dinner.

M was reading from practice questions quietly to herself: hmmmm (muttering something) answer would be (b) cost related.

UV who heard part of her conversation, asks her: are you sure?

M gives explanation for her answer and then says: yes i am sure!

"I think you are wrong... answer should be demand related.

"that doesn't make sense... (with an attitude) Tumhe kuch nai pata"

"princess I help my father run a business empire"

"so what! Doesnt mean you know everything, okay"

Now she had done it, challenging him big mistake princess thinks UV and says "alright, if you are so sure then lets place a friendly wager?"

What does he think of himself like i am afraid of some bet M thinks to herself and replies "Sure (she puts her hand out, they shake hands to indicate bet is on) get ready to lose"

"itna confidence? Par pehle yeh toh batao stakes kya hai?"

"stakes kyu? Its just a friendly bet. you said so yourself"

"Oh come on princess usme kya mazza? thoda interesting banate hai bet ko"

After thinking it over, M says "okay then if i win, you have to do as i say for one whole week"

"manzor hai. But if i win you have to go on a date with me"

M shocked to hear his conditions and softly yells "noo way! I dont want to do this"

"princess we shook hands. It's official. If you don't play now then I win by default and my condition still stands."

M quietly still thinking to herself. UV adds: "Waise bhi if you are confident then why does it matter?"

Baat toh sahi hai, you know the answer Manyata then dont worry. Upar se tum isse jo chaho karva sakti ho, haan nai toh she thinks to herself and grins evily as UV looks at her weirdly "um hello kaha kho gayi". "okay fine, I am in" M replies confidently

They google the question "ha! Humne kaha tha na. I win!" says UV with a smug look. 

"no this is not right. Internet pe sab cheez sahi nai hoti. Plus its just one article"

"what! You are too much. Fine, how about we email the professor?" she agrees and they email the teacher to confirm the answer.

UV looking at her from top to bottom "hmm" he says