Chapter 23

Mahi P.O.V

I glanced at the clock; it was 2 pm. Shit... I don't remember anything. I only recall crying and hugging Siddharth... Wait, hugging? I looked at him. "What happened last night?" I asked.

"Nothing. You got drunk, tripped several times, so I brought you back home, and then you slept," he said. Fuck, my head is banging. "I want to bathe," I said. I got up and took a shower. I felt so much better after that. "I want to talk to you about something," I said to Siddharth.

"Sure, but let's go down; everyone is waiting," Sid said. We went downstairs. "You okay, baby?" Mom asked.

"Yes, I'm so sorry, Mom," I said.

"No need. You were enjoying. Come on, sit and eat something," Mom replied. We all had lunch. "Mahi, see this," Sana said, showing me pictures from last night. All were good until I saw something—a picture of Siddharth and me. I was hugging him tight, and he was holding me back. In the next picture, we were looking at each other. I can see I was crying, and he was caressing my hair. I was lost for a minute; the pictures were so cute and beautiful. Then she showed these pictures to Mom. "Wow," Mom said. Sid also came to see those pictures. "That's nice," he said. "Sana, can you airdrop these pics to me?" I asked. "Oh, sure," she said, taking the pictures. They were beautiful. I went to the room and saw Siddharth working. "Sid... did I do something wrong yesterday?" I asked.

"No, nothing," he said.

"Well, I just want to say thank you for being there," I said. I wanted to give him a hug. He took care of me. Now I can feel; I can trust him. "Yes, Mahi, it's my duty as your friend," he said. I went up to him. He was sitting on the bed. I sat in front of him. I hugged him. I know he was shocked, but I just did it.

Sid's POV:

She said thank you to me. That was really sweet. I saw our pictures, and those were beautiful. I took the images from Sana personally and saw Mahi taking them too. I saw her coming towards me; she sat in front of me and hugged me softly. I felt so good. I know she meant it as thanks only, but I wanted more. Am I falling for her? No, why? How? I hugged her back, pulled her close to me. She came close, and I hugged her like a baby. I think she likes the pamper; she's holding me tight. Now I have to accept it. I do like her. I like her presence. I like how she had gotten on my nerves for the past month, even when we were not talking. I always stalk her on social media. She kept on hugging me. I wanted to kiss her on the forehead, but I think she was not ready for it. Suddenly, she lost her grip and pulled herself out of the embrace. I can see something is wrong. "What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing... thanks," she said in a cold voice and went out.

Mahi's POV:

He hugged me back. Um, I feel so safe around him. He pulled me close and held me like a baby. I am lost; I am not thinking of anything. He's a nice guy. Then I opened my eyes and saw a photo frame of his and Sakshi di. I immediately lost my grip and pulled out. "What happened?" he asked. "Nothing, thank you," I said and went out. Shit, I feel miserable. I wanted to remove that frame, but I couldn't. After all, he loves Sakshi di, and he only treats me like a friend. There's nothing that can be done. I got a text from Sid, 'Come back, please.' Why is he texting me? 'No, it's okay,' I said. 'Come back.' I went to the room; he was standing near the balcony. "What?" I said.

"What happened, Mahi?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Then why did you leave so suddenly? Tell me what happened," he asked.

"Nothing... it's just I saw that frame. I don't want to hurt her. We got married, I don't know how, but after all, you are hers. I shouldn't touch you, even as a friend," I said and ran out because then I would start crying.

Sid's POV:

Oh damn... I should have removed this. Sakshi put up all this... shit... it was such a beautiful moment. I can't see her like this. I removed all the frames and put them in the wardrobe. "Sorry, Sakshi," I said. I must have done it earlier; what a fool I am. I went out and saw Mahi sitting alone. "Mahi," she looked at me. I could see she's crying.

"Yeah?" I took her hand and started going towards my room.

"What, Sid?" she said.

"Now, it's fine?" I said.

Mahi's POV:

"Now it's fine?" he asked. I didn't understand, but then I noticed; he removed all the frames from the wall. Tears started forming in my eyes. I can't believe he did this for me. I looked at him; I started crying. He pulled me into a tight hug. "Don't, please. I can't see you like this," he said. I hugged him tighter. Then something unexpected happened; he kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes to feel that moment. I am lost; I forget everything, my sorrow, my problems. It was a moment when there was no one except us. I leaned my head towards his chest. "Mahi, just remember, don't ever cry in front of me like this," he said, caressing my hair.

"Well, friends don't do this," I said, looking at him.

"Well, I am your husbriend," he said with a quirky smile.

"What?" I asked.

"Husband plus friend," he said.

"I know it's cringe," he said.

"No, from now on, you are my husbriend," I said. He smiled. I hugged him again. He caressed my hair and gave me a kiss on my head. I want to stay forever like this. Forever!.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share 

Your's

Erica <3