Ken Can't Let Sasha Go: Part 5

I would like to tell you that things got easier, but of course, that would be a whole lie. One day, I woke up, headed to my car, and discovered all four of my tires were flat. I had to call into work that day, and on top of it, I had to pay nearly $700.00 for new tires.

I knew she had something to do with it, she noticed that I was not as talkative with her and she had the nerve to say, "You seem a little flat today, is everything alright?" I wanted to throat punch her, but I refrained.

Then there was a three-page email about the importance of dressing appropriately at work, complete with examples. I was like, the day you come in here dressed like this, will be the day I do it. I'm following your example ma'am.

Then one day, I went to her office to drop off papers and she said, "I'll never give him the satisfaction of a divorce."

I smiled, "How nice of you to force a man to be in a relationship he doesn't want to be in."

She got in my face, so close, I could feel her breath, "You don't want to fuck with me, little girl. I promise you, this is a game you will not win. You're in way over your head."

And maybe I was, but I wasn't going to let her bully me.

"I wonder if your family knows about all your little wild endeavors." I smiled. "How would your father react to his daughter just being an all-out ho...fucking and licking anything that moves." She was silent. I grinned, "You have a nice day, Amy." I strutted out of her office.

She had finally left me alone. And I was finally in the headspace to go visit my biological mom and her family. She was having a get-together at her place. So, I went.

She had a lovely two-story home with a three-car garage. I went to the door and was invited in, "Come in Sasha, this is my husband, Nathan." 

He was tall, he had this reddish-brown hue with freckles, a nice looking fellow with kind mannerisms, "Welcome Sasha." He said. I smiled.

"These are our sons Neil and Simon." They looked a lot like their father, tall, sort of lanky, reddish-brown tint.

I shook their hands, "I'm Sasha, your big sister." They smiled.

"You look just like our mom," said Simon, the younger one.

"Because her mom is our mom, silly." Said Neil.

"Alright boys, let's behave," said Nathan.

It smelled so amazing in their home. And I'm not talking potpourri good, I'm talking, someone was cooking up a storm good. "It smells good in here," I said looking around.

"You're in for a treat, one of my friends has a son that is a chef, he catered us an awesome meal for today."

He walked me to the kitchen and that's when I saw him, he smiled, "Ms. Sasha."

"Sean?"

"You two know each other?"

"We're kind of neighbors."

"Yeah." He replied, that he was with a woman, she looked at me funny and gave a fake smile.

"So you live in Winston?" she asked with her lip turned over.

"I do. And you?"

"I'm here. But I work out there, that's how Sean and I met."

I smiled and helped myself to some food. A plate of BBQ chicken, potato salad, dirty rice, and green beans. And it was good. We talked for a while and I had a good time playing video games with my brothers. After a while, I went to the kitchen to pack my plate to take home, Sean entered, "So, why you ghost a brother?" He joked as he leaned against the counter.