crazy together

wills pov.
we're all eating dinner at the wheelers house tonight. me lucas dustin and mike are having a boys night sleepover. no girls, no talking about girls, dnd all day, stay up all night. it's perfect, just like we used to. mike leaves the table to 'go to the bathroom' but ran away looking sad. seeing mike sad breaks my heart. even though he doesn't care about me as much as i do about him i still can't shake the feeling i have when he's around. i feel alive, safe, happy. but when he does hurt me some way it's more painful than ever. he pushes me away sometimes and i know it but this whole day he's been off. not speaking as much, zoning out, not to mention his eyes when we first got here we're red and swollen like he's been crying.
i stand up from the table pushing out my chair.
"i'll be right back, dinner is delicious by the way thank you mrs. wheeler." i say walking away. she smiles. i walk up the stairs to hear a muffled sound, like crying. i find where the noise is coming from finding his in his room with the door shut. i knock lightly waiting for a response and after not getting one i open the door slowly to find mike sitting on his bed sobbing with his head in his hands. he looks up curiously sighing.
"will what are you doing in here?" he asks quietly.
"i came to check on you. you've basically skipped dinner and you've been acting distant all day." i sit on the bed with him trying to future out what's wrong.
"oh will i'm sorry that was shitty of me. sorry for being a bad friend today." mike apologies wiping his tear soaked face with his sleeve.
"mike it's okay just tell me what's wrong okay? i just want to talk to you." i grasp his hand and look up at him.
"you wouldn't understand i-i mean i don't understand it either." he shrugs and looks down at his hands.
"i'm your best friend you can tell me anything there's nothing you can say that will make me hate you at all. you can talk to me i promise." i say trying to reassure him. he pauses looking like he's trying to piece together the words to tell me as if he's confused about it himself.
"w-well it's just i don't really understand it either will. i have this crush but it's wrong. i know it's wrong but i can't get rid of it no matter what i do. it makes me feel broken because i'm not supposed to feel this way but i do and i-" he bursts into tears. i hug him tightly cradling his head. it pains me to see him cry. tears fall down my face as i hear his muffled sobs from my shoulder.
"mike shhh it's okay. you're not broken. you're perfect. having a crush isn't wrong no matter who it is. i promise you whoever it is it's not wrong." my voice cracks revealing i'm crying with him.
"but will you don't get it. it's a boy. i like a boy and i feel so dirty and broken because of it." a small gasp escapes my mouth. could that mean he's gay? i hope so but he still won't like me then.
"mike that's okay. you can like whoever you want it's not wrong, dirty, gross, or any of that. you're lovely, kind, loyal, helpful, determined, whether you like boys or not. it's okay mike you're okay." i pull him in tighter sobbing lightly.
"really? thank you for staying with me. not hating me or trying to hurt me." he says. you can hear the pain in his voice in the last words there. you can sense the inner homophobia as he describes how feels.
"of course i wouldn't never hate you. you're my world my best friend my favorite person. i can't imagine a world you're not in because mike... i love you." i say as i run my hands through his hair, rubbing his scalp.
"i love you too will." his lips touch my cheek without warning and i feel my face get warm. HE LOVES ME BACK. this is a big moment in my life. i've loved him deeply, i always have. it just took me a few years that love wasn't just platonic, it was romantic.
"don't cry you're making me cry." i say crying harder.
"i'm sorry will don't cry because of me." we cry in each other's arms as my fingers comb through his hair calming him down. the door opens startling me.
"woah are you guys cuddling?" lucas laughs.
"wait holy shit are you guys ok?" dustin says seeing our tears. i nod motioning for them to leave.
"are you okay now?" i ask.
"mhm thank you." he looks at me with his glossy eyes slightly smiling.
"will please don't ever leave. i love you and i can't lose you like i did." tears slowly fall down his cheeks.
"i won't i promise you don't worry. i'll stay here with you forever." i feel his hands grip my shoulders tightly. i love him so much. his big hands, his perfect messy hair, his adorable clumsiness, his passion for protect those he loves, his comforting nature, his kindness, the way he puts his hands on my back when we hug, the smell of sweet mint he carries with him, the way his eyes look into mine, his playful moods, his beautiful smile, his gentle touch, soft lips, stupid long arms, and lovely humor. those are just a few of the things i love about mike. my gorgeous beautiful boy. my heart fills up when i see his cute smile. his touch gives me butterflies. his voice makes my heart beat faster. his protectiveness makes me blush.
"crazy together right?" mike says. i can hear his slight smile in his voice.
"crazy together." i smile.