An offer to refuse

Okay, I am in a weird funky dream. In this weird dream, my very hot, sexy and mature boss is asking me to have a baby for him, or something like that.

 Let me pinch myself more so I can wake up from this freak show I'm in. 

"Ms  Lee? Why don't you have a seat?" 

Mr Han's voice brings me back to life and I'm suddenly aware that I'm in the CEO's office and I just zoned out. 

"I'm sorry Sir, I didn't get what you said. 

Can you repeat what you said earlier" I beg as I take a seat in one of the plush office chairs. 

"Well, as I said before, I need a baby. And I want you to help me. It's all in that document if you would check it out" Mr Jeon says tightly as he passes me a file. 

It's not a file, it's more of a contract. A contract where I agree to be Mr Jeon's wife and surrogate for a stipulated period of time and for a very ridiculous amount of money. My eyes zoom on the numbers a bit. 

Six figures monthly to have a baby??? 

No, this can't be right. And there are also allowances I will get while I'm pregnant with the baby. 

"I don't understand. Why not get a real surrogate. Why me?" 

Mr Jeon shrugs. 

"He wants you Ms  Lee" Mr Han replies. 

"Let's just say that you are the best candidate for the job. I could have gone through the normal surrogacy procedure. But I require more than a surrogate. I want the child to be born in a legal marriage and I want the child to be mothered for a few months after he is born. This is something a normal surrogacy procedure cannot offer." 

2Okay, I am in a weird funky dream. In this weird dream, my very hot, sexy and mature boss is asking me to have a baby for him, or something like that. Let me pinch myself more so I can wake up from this freak show I'm in.

"Ms  Lee? Why don't you have a seat?" 

Mr Han's voice brings me back to life and I'm suddenly aware that I'm in the CEO's office and I just zoned out.

"I'm sorry Sir, I didn't get what you said. Can you repeat what you said earlier" I beg as I take a seat in one of the plush office chairs.

"Well, as I said before, I need a baby. And I want you to help me. It's all in that document if you would check it out" Mr Jeon says tightly as he passes me a file.

"How am I the perfect candidate?6 That is one part I really do not get. I mean... " 

Mr Jeon cuts me off.

"I've interviewed a few surrogates and while they seemed professional and willing, I don't think they are the right people I want my son to be mothered by. I don't understand why anyone would turn surrogacy into a job." he has a look of pure disgust on his face. 

I roll my eyes. 

"But that is exactly what you want me to do" I deadpan and he glares at me. 

"Well, you'd be doing it for much nobler reasons and not only for the money. We've run a background check on you. You are the sole provider of your family.

Your sister suffers from a rare heart condition and in a few days she will be eighteen and insurance won't cover her treatments.

Your younger brother just got into Berkeley to study law and is struggling with tuition fees. Not to mention the fact that you are still drowning in student loans" My mouth is hanging. How dare he?!!!!