The beginning

Y/n's POV

I am late. Very late. I've only been working at Jeon Inc. for two weeks and I'm already late to a board meeting.

I try as much as possible to organize myself as I walk briskly into the main hall. Kerry is waving at me to come over but I only give her a quick wave.

I am late and uncomfortable. As usual, I buy a dress online that turns out to be two sizes small, a bad idea considering the fact that my curves can hardly breathe in the dress. 

And it is killing me, it's like I am about to explode through the seams of the dress and honestly I cannot wait for my lunch break to get out of this cruel abomination even if it means I miss lunch. I should have returned the dress but of course they had a no return policy that I must have overlooked.

I'm racing towards the elevator before it closes and silently praying that Yoongi isn't in the board meeting before I am.

Yoongi is like my boss.

 He's the head of the IT department so I guess that makes him my boss but he's also a dick. He is constantly picking on me and I've only been here for like two weeks. And he revels in it. I can't retort back at him because he's my boss. That's the only thing saving him.

"Wait wait!!! Please hold it!!" I plead as I finally make it through the elevator.

"Y/n?" Hoseok from accounting stares at me and I nod my head.

"How's it going?" I ask as I give him a short wave.

"I'm good. I haven't seen you in a while though" I shrug lightly.

"I've been around. What have you been up to?"

"Same old. Don't you have a board meeting right now?" Hoseok asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes I do. In fact I'm rushing there right now"  I reply while patting my watch.

Hoseok gives me another one of his smiles that looks like he's sorry for me and also confused. I gave him a thumbs up and rushed out to my floor as soon as the elevator doors opened.

The minute I'm on my floor I'm rushing to the boardroom at quite an impressive speed and then suddenly I jerk back suddenly.I turn around to see Yoongi's burly hand on my arm. How did I miss him? And why is he holding my arm? Are the questions that run through my mind as I give him a nervous smile and wiggle my arm out of his grip

"I can assure you I am on my way to the board meeting. You should have seen the traffic today, it was unbelievable... "

Yoongi raises a hand and I stop mid sentence. I really hope I don't get reported to HR. Being fired is the last thing I need.

"The Boss wants to see you" he says in a clipped tone.

I don't understand. Yoongi Burke is the boss. Well, of my department.

"The CEO of the company" he adds with an eye roll and my eyes bulge.

Oh shit!!!

So, I spilled coffee on him two weeks ago. On my first day!!

I was coming to work with a cup of coffee rushing as usual because I was late on my first day and this handsome man had bumped into me.

Clearly with the number of gasps in the lounge he must have been important but I really was not expecting it to be the CEO of the company.

I tried to wipe it off, but his protocol officers as they are called stopped me. That was the first and last time I've seen him.

Did he just remember that he has to punish me?