You're a Hale

Stiles shoved his too cold feet beneath Derek's thigh as he tried to quickly get them warm. The latter just let it happen having grown accustom to it after so many years. The two had just finished dinner, and though Stiles knew his mind would wander within the first ten minutes he let his husband talk him into a movie "What are we watching tonight?" Derek hummed.

They'd been together long and yet still Stiles would look at Derek like this, and stare in awe. He'd been relaxed and in pajamas his hair slicked back and his hand creeping dangerously high up Stiles' thigh. It was a long long way from where they had begun when they could barely stand each other.

Stiles leaned down and kissed him slowly "Whatever you want" he ignored Derek's confused face as he moved to put his head in his lap.

Only as soon as he head fell there was a knock at the door. Stiles sighed rolling back to his end of the couch as his way of telling Derek to get it.

Derek was less than amused when he slid the door open "Peter"

"Nephew, great you're not busy" he rushed out, pushing past the man with no regard as he marched right into the home.

"Actually, no, Peter. Stiles and I just finished dinner, and were hoping to watch a movie"

"Too bad. You can play house later. There's pack news" Stiles, who had been quite, threw his eyes wide open as Peter turned, his sights suddenly set on him. Without so much as a "hello" he was barking out an order "Stiles, now if you'll excuse us, I've got something to discuss with Derek"

"Stiles stays" Derek answered sternly, his arms crossed over his chest which usually meant that he meant business.

Peter tried regardless "It's about family"

"That's why he stays" Stiles found it in himself to smile. Despite marrying him, loving him and everything else in between it was statements like that that made Stiles feel every bit of the love Derek had to give.

The tension grew, falling over the room like molasses. The weres stared each other down having a conversation Stiles wasn't apart of. He knew both men well enough and they were both stubborn. Derek would insist he stay and Peter would keep his lips sealed until it was just the two of them.

"You know what?" Stiles began as he rose to his feet. There was no use in a pissing contest when he could just be the bigger man. It did make him feel less than, having to go hide out in his own home, but he supposed it was better than sitting there waiting for a surrender that would never come. He leaned over, kissing Derek hard against his head "It's okay"

"Sti-"

"I've got homework anyways, I'll see you when you come up" The last thing Stiles wanted was for there to be a fight. Even if he was particularly up for a bit of excitement he didn't want it to be from the same old argument.

From the moment they started dating and well after they said "I do" every time Peter decided to show his face he had to, in some way, remind Stiles he was not good enough for his alpha nephew. Even if he had yet to come right out and say it Stiles knew, from little comments, to wanting him out of the loop of certain situations it wasn't something he was oblivious too.

Stiles was reclined on his side of the bed with his knees curled up to his chest as he tried to begin his final chapter for the night. His glasses were downstairs and he hadn't felt up to going back down to grab them, so he strained his eyes to see.

Without the advantage of supernatural hearing Stiles hadn't  heard Derek march up the stairs or into their bedroom. So naturally he was startled when his husbands gruff voice suddenly came, sounding every form of annoyed "What was that?"