New Partner

Ruby POV

I sit on my bed crying into my knees. I hate this so much. Why'd I say we should take a break? I should've just accepted his privacy. But my stupid curiosity wanted to know. He probably hates me.

Yang: "Hey."

I look at her wiping my tears.

Weiss: "We were about to go see a movie."

Blake: "Plenty of room for you. If you want to go that is."

Ruby: "No thanks. I think I wanna just stay here."

Yang: "Well the movie doesn't start for another hour. We'll be in the cafeteria if you change your mind."

They leave the room. 

A knocking is then heard on my window. I open it to not see anything. 

Ruby: "Must've just been-"

A zombified pigeon than lands. A black goo shoots off of it onto me. I claw to get it off but it seeps into my skin.

Ruby: "I'm gonna die."

??? "You're not going to die."

Ruby: "I know that voice."

???: "Walk to the mirror."

I do. That creature materializes in the mirror.

Ruby: "You. Uh..."

Amica: "Name's Amica. Listen. We need to save Y/N."

My heart stops.

Ruby: "Why?"

Amica: "Someone's taken him. I don't know who but odds are they're not anyone friendly."

Ruby: "Then let's save him."

My body is engulfed in that black goo. I look in the mirror going wide eyed at my new appearance.

 I look in the mirror going wide eyed at my new appearance

Ruby: "Wicked."

Amica: "You can admire yourself later. We must save Y/N."

Ruby: "Right, let's go."

I run towards the window. An absurd amount of speed is used as I barrel through the wall stumbling into the courtyard.

Ruby: "My bad."

Amica: "Perhaps I should move for us."

Ruby: "That'd be wise."

My body moves on its own as we leap down into Vale. Hitting a slanted roof we leap high into the air.

Ruby: "What a hop."

I admire the city below when Amica get my attention.

Amica: "Listen Ruby. There's something you should know."

*one conversation later*

I'm taken aback from what I was just told. It makes me smile.

Ruby: "So he was there. Fighting in plain sight. I feel like a real idiot now."

Amica: "He loved you so much Ruby. He just never told you because he made a promise to conceal my existence. So if you're gonna be mad at someone, let it be me."

Ruby: "I don't care about it anymore. I just wanna save Y/N."

*meanwhile Y/N POV*

My eyes groggily open.

Y/N: "Where am I?"

Voice: "You're finally up."

I look but can only twist so far. Looking down I see I'm strapped to a  chair.

Y/N: "Who are you? Show yourself."

Voice: "I gotta admit. I was surprised to know my creation was sentient. But that was kinda what we were going for."

Y/N: "You mean Amica?"

Voice: "Is that its name? Kinda dumb."

Y/N: "Why on earth even create Amica? What was your endgame?"

Voice: "It started about thirty years ago. I was a young man seeking the answers to man's greatest question. Overcoming death."

Y/N: "Explain."

Voice: "Man has many factors that leads to death. But the most prominent is our own mortality. I knew the answer was out there. I just had to look. And that's where Grimm came in."

He pauses.

Voice: "See Grimm are functionally immortal. They keep growing until we the humans kill them. I thought if I could harness that ability I could open the floodgate to true immortality for humans. The only problem was that Grimm DNA was highly fatal to humans. So I found a way around it."

He comes a little closer.

Voice: "I managed to give Grimm DNA enough genes to become manlike. That lead to your little friend. He is the key to eternal life. You have seen this, haven't you?"

He finally makes himself known. My eyes widen.

Watts: "Y/N."