"Yes sir," all three of the pilots responded.

"Fantastic. Let's have a little fun today," Maverick said. "Fights on!"

Jenna started looking around for Maverick, but she couldn't catch sight of him.

"Got anything, Phoenix?" she asked.

"Nope, nothing yet," Phoenix responded. Suddenly the radar started beeping and Jenna frantically started looking over her shoulder for Maverick.

"He's not behind us, and he's not above us. Where the hell is he?" Bob asked.

"Oh shit," Jenna said, looking in front of her as a dark speck moves towards them. "He's on our nose! We gotta go!"

Before they could do anything, Maverick shot right by them on the left side.

"Oh fuck!" Phoenix said. They both start flying their planes forwards, trying to put some distance between themselves and Maverick.

Jenna radioed over to Phoenix and Bob, "Okay here's what we are going to do. Let's keep flying straight. Right before Mav gets a shot lined up, I'll hit the brakes, you break away, and he'll fly right by."

"Sounds good Killshot, let's try that!" Phoenix agreed.

Soon enough, Maverick was right behind them. Jenna tried her best to lure him into a sense of security by just barely evading him as he followed. Maverick seemed to have his sights set on Jenna, getting closer to lining up his shot as the seconds ticked by.

"Now!" Jenna yelled into the radio and Phoenix broke to the right as Jenna dropped her speed and altitude. Luckily, Maverick wasn't expecting the move and he shot right above her.

"Nice job, Maverick," he mumbled to himself over the radio. Jenna pulled her aircraft back up, easily lined her shot up and got tone on Captain Mitchell.

"And that's a killshot," Jenna said, grinning widely. Phoenix and Bob cheered over the radio. They were the only team to beat Maverick so far.

"That's one of my favorite moves right there," Mav said. "Dangerous, but genius."

"Thank you, sir," Jenna responded. "That's 200 pushups for you!"

"Careful, Lieutenant," Maverick warned, but Jenna could hear the smile in his voice. "I'll take care of my punishment at the end of the day. Head back down and send the next group up."

"Oh, and Killshot," Maverick continued. "Nice work."

"Thank you sir," Jenna replied and steered her plane back towards the base. She landed easily and climbed out of her cockpit, spotting Phoenix and Bob doing the same. She pumped her fist in the air in celebration, and the other two pilots copied her movement. On the tarmac, Hondo was waiting for them

"So," he started. "Someone finally got Mav. And with his signature move, no less."

"Yes sir!" They responded, grinning.

"I can't wait to count his pushups. I am never gonna let him hear the end of this," Hondo laughed.

The three pilots were dismissed by Hondo and started walking back to the locker rooms, celebrating their victory. Phoenix and Jenna split off to the women's locker room, and quickly took off their gear. Heading up to the radio room, they were greeted by some of the pilots with congratulations and silence from others. Jenna looked around the room for Rooster, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Did you spot Hangman anywhere before we came in?" Phoenix asked Jenna. Suddenly, everything clicked into place.

"Oh no," Jenna said in almost a whisper.