★Suspicious Fog★

Mulai dari awal

"Careful, there's lots of fog," Jotaro warned as he pointed out the whole area being covered in the thick mist. Since we had a roofless car, it made it even more harder to see.

"Well..." Joseph mentioned while looking at his watch, "It's a bit early but we could stop and rest at the next town over. We could also wait for the fog to dissipate." Everyone seemed on board with Joseph's statement.

"I'm praying their toilets are normal." Polnareff cried, revisiting an unpleasant memory.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"Hey, this town is pretty nice don't you think?" Joseph looked around. But the whole place more or less looks like it's haunted.

"First of all, this place looks like something out of a horror movie. Second, I've never read or heard about this town before which is strange." I voiced my concerns.

"I mean all places are different," Polnareff waved his hand from side to side to waft away some fog from his face, trying to find an explanation for why the town seemed so strange.

Kakyoin then promptly stopped the car and pointed at a gloomy restaurant a few feet away from us. "How about we go ask about the nearest hotel over there? We can ask them for directions and even catch a quick bite."

A man was standing by the restaurant near an 'Open' sign so we assumed that he must be the owner of the place. Joseph tried to strike up a friendly conversation with the guy only to be met by uncomfortable silence. The man only looked on towards God knows where and then flipped the sign to mark it 'Closed'

"Hey, sir, we're only looking for a hotel. Any will do, care to help us out?" I stepped in and tried to see if he would respond to my words. Somehow he did, but unfortunately, it didn't help us at all.

"Sorry, I don't know." The man muttered and turned his back towards us walking away. But what really caught me off guard were a couple of roaches slithering down the man's back. 

I shivered in disgust but only brushed off what I was seeing. Maybe the fog really is playing tricks on me...

"This place is awfully quiet," Polnareff mentioned. "Usually the places we've been to had been very rowdy and crowded, so I'm kinda surprised by this atmosphere."

"It might be the fog." Jotaro shrugged it off and then that's when Joseph, who was a bit ahead of us stopped dead in his tracks.

"AAAA" He squealed at a gruesome sight before us. It was a man. A dead man...he was slumped over the edge of a wall with bloodshot eyes and his mouth hanging open. His skin was all wrinkly, grey, and dehydrated which was a much greater indication that he was dead.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Polnareff yelled and shook the man as if he would wake up any second. But the man's body was stiff as ice as he fell onto the ground.

"What could have caused this? A stroke? Heart Attack?" Jotaro questioned and observed the dead man thoroughly. Meanwhile, Kakyoin pointed out a gun laying on the floor right by the man.

"It's smoking, meaning it's just been fired," Joseph noted

"But he has no visible injuries! No blood, no nothing!" Polnareff yelled.

"No," I muttered and had Half&Half give me a pair of gloves to examine the man's body a little further. "Rigor Mortis, or the stiffening of his body has already kicked in meaning he's been dead for a good few hours now. Though that doesn't explain why the gun has been fired..."