020

I sat down in Carlisle's office. It's the same one he had so many years ago.

He enters and looks at me. "Why don't you join me?" He offers. "I'm just going to Isabella."

I shrug and stand up again, fixing my blouse automatically. Then I messed it up again. I'm not a doctor, I remind myself.

Carlisle smiles and leads me to Bella and Tyler. Chief Swan had just entered and was saying that Tyler's license was gone.

Carlisle enters rather dramatically and says, "I heard the chief's daughter was in."

"Dr. Cullen," Charlie says.

I smile.

"Your daughter? What's she doing in here?"

"I know medicine, sir. Dad says I'm gifted. Along with my siblings. He and Mom just want me to have a normal-ish life."

"Charlie," Carlisle says smiling. "I've got this one, Jackie," he says to the nurse. She nods and exits.

He picks up the clipboard. "Isabella."

"Bella," the girl corrects.

"Well, Bella, it looks like you took quite a spill. So, how do you feel?"

"Good," she says simply.

Carlisle turns on his flashlight. "Look here."

I lean against the wall, trying not act as if I'm a nurse, though I think I'm failing.

As he examines her eyes, he says, "You might experience some post traumatic stress or disorientation, but your vitals look good. No signs of any head trauma. I think you'll be just fine."

As he finishes the sentence, Tyler speaks up again. "I'm so sorry, Bella! I'm really—"

Charlie pulls the curtain. I snicker from my place by the wall.

Bella looks around before saying, "Y'know, it would've been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there. He knocked me out of the way."

"Edward?" Charlie asks. "Your boy?"

"Yeah, it was amazing," Bella says. "I mean, he got to me so fast; he was no where near me."

Carlisle looks up. A small smile dances across his face before it's gone. "Sounds like you were very lucky. Charlie."

They leave the room.

Carlisle and I exchange looks and exit after them. We find Edward and Rosalie, bickering. They're fighting over whether or not he did the right thing.

"What was I supposed to do?" Edward hisses. "Let her die?"

"This isn't just about you," Rose says coldly. "It's about al of us."

"I think we should talk about this in my office," Carlisle intervenes.

We all turn our heads to see Bella standing at the corner.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Rose opens her mouth to say something but I interrupt.

"Rosalie." She looks at me, then Carlisle puts his hand on her shoulder and leads her away. I follow, telling myself repeatedly not to listen in. Edward glares at me for that.

I shrug and disappear around the corner.

I feel so bad right now... I'm losing inspiration. This is going to be on hold for a little while until I build up the courage again.