018

It's a completely normal day at school. Until Bella Swan arrives.

"They're the children and foster kids of Doctor and Mrs. Cullen," Jessica says as we walk into the cafeteria. "They moved from Alaska, like, just last year."

"They, uh, kinda keep to themselves," Angels butts in.

"Yeah, because they're all together," Jessica hisses. "Like, together together. Um, the blonde girl, that's Rosalie. And the big dark-haired guy, Emmett. They are like a 'thing'. Like, I'm not even sure that's legal."

"Jess, they're not actually related."

"Yeah, but they live together. That's weird. And, okay. The little dark haired girl is Alice. She's really... weird. And she's Emmett's little sister. And she's with Jasper, the blond one who looks like he's in pain. He's Rosalie's twin. Um... Doctor Cullen's like this super dad-slash-matchmaker." She chuckles coldly.

"Maybe he'll adopt me," Angela suggests jokingly.

Bella turns her gaze to me and Edward.

"Who's he? Them."

"That's Edward and Sparrow Cullen. Twins. Both totally gorgeous, obviously. But, apparently, nobody here is good enough for either of them. I mean, Sparrow has claimed to have an Italian boyfriend—like please. Don't exhaust yourself."

I smirk under a curtain of my hair. My eyes flicker to the new girl before I look away.

"Like, I care, y'know?"

I smirk again, my eyes going to Edward's. Oh, I made that girl question her sexuality.

"So, yeah. Seriously, like, don't waste your time."

Bella chuckles. "I wasn't planning on it."

She turns around to stare at us. Edward is glaring back.

I nudge his side. What's up?

"I can't read her thoughts," he hisses back.

My first class with her is Biology.

I'm biting back a comment of annoyance at Alice as I try to listen to the conversation.

"Alice!" I snap quietly. "Listen."

She and I both fall silent.

"Miss Swan," Mr. Molina says.

She's standing in front of the fan, pointing straight at Edward. He stiffens. I frown and walk over to my brother.

"What's wrong?" I hiss.

"She's my blood singer," he hisses.

I frown and slip back into my seat.

"—seat for you right here, so come over. The last one, so just follow along until you catch up. Alright guys, today we are going to be observing the behavior of Planaria, aka flatworms. So what we're gonna do—"

She sniffs her shirt, then looks back at Edward. I fight back an open laugh.

"Gentle, gentle, certain areas—Please don't cut here. We're not cutting it here—You won't believe this—Try to focus while we check it, kay guys?"

My mind keeps drifting off. Alice keeps poking me to remind me to participate so I don't get in trouble. I snicker quietly when I catch Edward glaring daggers at the new girl.

Apparently, he forgets that humans cannot choose what their blood smells like.

Right as the bell rings, Edward grabs his books and leaves the room rushedly. Alice and I are quick to follow from the back of the room.

Hello all! How goes?