013

It is 1935 and Rosalie has found her mate, bleeding out from a bear attack. I am with her as she hunts so she doesn't accidentally kill any humans.

I kneel beside the young man and ask Rosalie, "Do you want him to be turned?"

She says, "Yes."

I nod and lift his wrist. I bite down on the veins and watch him begin to convulse in pain. I pick him up and run back to the house, Rosalie on my tail. Carlisle runs over to us.

"Who is this?" he asks.

"Rosalie's mate," I say. "I recognize him. He is Emmett McCarty. Twenty-years-old."

Carlisle nods. "Bring him to a room."

I carry Emmett to Edward's room. Esme comes up behind me.

"Who is he?" she asks.

"Emmett McCarty. He is very popular in town."

She nods. Then she wraps me up in her arms and pulls me from the room and into the living room. I jokingly wrestle her off of me.

"I think, with the addition of Emmett, we should probably move again," Carlisle admits. "If Sparrow is right, it's best we go since he's well known here."

"Not super known," I argue. "But he has his parents, grandparents, and younger siblings."

"So we need to move," Edward says.

I shrug and slump down further in my seat.

Rosalie huffs. I raise an eyebrow at her. She turns her head away from me.

Why is she so mad? I think.

Edward's eyes flicker to mine and he shrugs almost imperceptibly.

No, you know, I argue.

Carlisle's eyes flicker between us.

I give him a thumbs up. I head to my bedroom, then flop onto my bed.

Edward is standing in the doorway a moment later.

"So?" I ask.

He closes the door and sits beside me.

"She just wants to be human. She's angry because you changed Emmett—"

"She asked me to!"

"I know. But she wishes that she could just get it over with, be human. Have kids, grow old, have grandchildren."

I scoff. "And so she gets mad at me! I only did what she asked me to."

Edward pats my shoulder and stands back up.

"I'll go hunt now."

I grumble in response. I glare daggers at the wall and only pause when Esme comes in.

"Are you okay, Sparrow?" She asks gently.

I hesitate. "Um, yes. I think so." I shift on my bed and grab my book.

Esme nods. Then she leaves as well, leaving me to reading.

Hey! I'm late, but I'm in Rockport rn.