1

Chris,

I place the Ice stuffed blunt between my lips, filling my lungs with the soothing smoke and exhaling a cloud out of my nostrils. My eyes hang low, and my body slouches over the railing of the balcony. Looking over the city view from my room, I let the weed do its therapy as I think to myself. Believe it or not, I'm on my second blunt. Mijo and them know better than to give me this weak shit. But, they claim I'm just too stressed out.

"Yo, C." Trev approached me, causing me to glance in his direction. He held some papers in his hands, I'm assuming it's the info I requested.

"Whatcha got for me, fam?" I asked, putting out the roach in the glass ashtray I had sitting on the wooden railing.

"Everything you need, man." He assured me as he set the papers on the balcony for me to pick it up. That way if anything doesn't fall through, no one can be at blame. The information wasn't given to me, I just simply picked it up. "Now, I done went through some shit to get this info. Don't lose it, and don't let anyone know you got it. This exchange never happened, you feel me?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I got more to lose here. You know I never fuck myself over. Besides, I'm busy. I just found a stack of important information on my balcony." I chuckled and he joined me. We soon dapped each other goodbye and he disappeared back downstairs. When he left, Aug replaced him. "My niggaaa," I smiled. Locking fists, we pulled each other in for a hug.

"W'sup!" He shouted with a smile as he playfully jerked his shoulders, giving his voice more bass. "Ma boy will be off probation in a couple days. Look atcha, ya glowin' an shit already!" He chuckled some more.

"Yo, you a trip." I laughed. I ain't gone lie, I did get a little brighter since last year. But his joke referenced to pregnacy wasn't funny. I ain't no bitch, but I'll let him have his moment.

"So, whatcha plannin' on doin'?" He asked as his smile faded. "Still tryna go back'ta NOLA?"

"Yeah, my shit is fucked here & after tomorrow Imma need to lay low." I sighed and rubbed my face. "I would love to see how my child is doing, but no one mentioning him or her."

"I think dat you an Kam need ta talk. Face ta face. At lease once be fo' ya leave." He suggested.

"Sh-"

"Don'." He cut me off. "Don' think. Jus do. I'll ya ha address t'morrow"

"Ugh.. Aight man. I'll go see her tomorrow morning before I go handle my business." I promised.

"Good, Leave ya shit at home when ya go." He demanded as he walked off the balcony.

"Why?" I asked, following him into my room.

"Cause ya gone need dem bullets. Ion want cha accidentally usin a few. Ya heard me?" He answered as he left the room, chucking up his deuces. Why he said that? I do not know. But, I do know that Kamryn has some explaining to do.

It's been months since Kamyrn and I communicated in any kind of way. She stopped hitting up as often as she did in the beginning. Eventually she didn't hit me up at all. We just.. Grew apart. Eventually, I stopped caring and I moved on with my life. At the moment, I'm just dying to know who my kid is. Whether it's a boy, or a girl. For the past 6 months, I've been buying neutral clothes for a baby I don't even know will fit. I've sent formula and diapers, but no thank you's. The shit is unsettling, I guess I'll see what's up tomorrow.

 The shit is unsettling, I guess I'll see what's up tomorrow

Kamyrn,

"Baaaaabbbee!!" I whined as I tugged at her arm. She's faking like she's sleep because I called her by her government, Alexis. "Imma bite you." I pouted and she didn't budge. I climbed ontop of her, straddling her waist causing her to lay on her back. I poked out my bottom lip as I crossed my arms and looked at her. She rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"You such a big ass baby," She said, placing her hands on my hips. I giggled and shrugged my shoulders playfully.

"But, I'm your big ass baby." I grinned, leaning down and kissing her lips softly. Every time I kiss her, I get chills. I guess this is what happiness feels like.

Alex and I have been together for 8 months now. I met her through a mutual friend at school when I went over to her house. She gave me a feeling I never had before and she's like my other half. I never thought I'd ever be with a girl and the thought itself would have never crossed my mind as an option before. In all reality, I don't judge relationships by sex anymore. It's about two people you just connect. Love is powerful and whether she's a male or female, I'd still love her the same.

My mother, on the other hand, doesn't like the sight of me with a girl. She claims it's because of Chris but I think it's deeper than that. August says I'm betraying Chris somehow, but shit happens. People change. Now, Alex doesn't know about Chris and I don't ever plan on telling her. I moved in with her after my mother and I fell out, so I don't play on seeing Chris any time soon.

Things have changed since the day I lost Chris and my baby. I was angry at first, I tried to hold onto something I couldn't have and I know better than to do that. When I met Alex, she helped me cope and move on. She took away the pain and although there's a chance that is temporary, I still am grateful for her. I matured and stopped letting people walk all over me. I'm no longer naïve. And even though people see me as a rude, disrespectful bitch at times, I'm proud of who I am today. No more crying, no more cutting, no more weaknesses. I've been through a lot in the just 2 years. This is the woman my father raised me to be. I will not let a soul tell me that shit isn't true.

I got a new style, a new walk, and new vocab. I think I'm addicted to tattoos and marijuana, I stay high and probably a new tat every other week. I cut my hair and bleached it blonde. Oh, and if you remember the flat chested, no ass Kamryn, you'll be surprised to see that A-cup went to a C-cup. And I may not have an ass like Nicki but I did go get me some cake. I had the money to do it, so I did it. I took 'New Year, New Me' seriously. You can't even tell who I used to be. I want to keep it that way.

————————————————————-
What y'all think Chris gone do when he find out?