09| First Date

It was our last day in Florida. Tomorrow morning we are leaving to find Ray in some roadside bikers bar. The company has been good to me. Both the men are very overprotective over me. I expected that from Stefan but from Klaus it was a surprise.

I was lying down on my bed scrolling through my phone after packing my stuff for tomorrow's trip I heard a knock on my door. I got up to open it only to find Klaus on the other side. "Hi Klaus!" "Avery, I wanted to ask you something," what he is gonna say? "Yeah tell me..." "see I basically forced you to join me on this trip so let me do something for you as the last day in Florida gift," "okay! So what do you want to do?" I asked scratching my head.

"Let me take you out tonight for dinner,"

"Woah that's impressive. Sure tell me when to meet you,"

"in an hour?"

"An hour it is, see ya I should start getting dressed," I said and went into my closet to pick out the best dinner dress. After a few minutes, I found the perfect dress.

I slipped into a white dress with full sleeves and pinned my hair up into a messy bun

I slipped into a white dress with full sleeves and pinned my hair up into a messy bun. Last was to apply makeup so I quickly applied base then dark pink-ish lipstick and a white and black eyeliner combo. I paired the dress with white stiletto. I took my phone and purse and went outside. But Stefan stopped me in between. "Where the hell are you going?" "To dinner!" He raised an eyebrow "in that short dress?" "Oh god Stefan it is just dinner and see I have long sleeves," he smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead." be safe bye!" I kissed his cheeks and went out.

As I opened the main door I found Klaus standing there in his well-clean suit and a sweet smile with dimples. "You look breathtaking!" Was the first thing he said as he looked at me... "thank you Klaus and you too look charming," "so let this charming man take you to the destination," I nodded and took hold of his hand and went to the restaurant. "Thank you for bringing me to this fancy restaurant," I said as we went inside. "You never have been to a fancy restaurant?" He looked surprised. "I have never been to a fancy restaurant or a date or anywhere, just things inside mystic falls!" I said with a weak smile. "So Avery let me do the honours of taking you out on your first ever date," "Sure Mr Mikealson," I interlocked my hands with his and walked inside the restaurant. 

It was too crowded. I started to tighten my grip on Klaus' hand. "Not liking it here?" he whispered in my ears and I nodded. So he dragged me outside."Sorry, it was too much crowded and I'm not used to it!" "No problem love we can go upstairs on the rooftop. It is the secluded area,"  I gave him a smile and followed him upstairs. As we sat down the waiter came and took our orders and went. "So where should we start?" 

"So Avery Stark please tell me about yourself!" I giggled at his manner in which he gave me a smile. 

"As you know I'm a small town Forbes girl. My life is just my sister and my mother. Who doesn't like her father and step-father. Now your turn!"

"As you know I'm the original hybrid. Has a very big family. Hated my father,"

"Why do you hate your father?"

"I hate my father because he was the worst,"

"Same pinch"

I laughed at his words. That means the big bad wolf can also be funny and caring!

"Why were your father and step-father bad Avery?"

"They abused me!"

he just raised his eyebrows...

"My father left my mom when he found out she was pregnant. So mom married Bill aka my stepfather. Bill agreed to keep me. Soon I was born and after a year Caroline was born. So when I was five my father came back and asked my mom to get back together but she refused. And we thought he left. But a day after my father came to my school and after dispersal, he took me with him tried to talk to me and when I didn't answer he would hit me," I saw anger tear through his calm face. "Then when I reach home late mom asks me questions and I had to lie to her because of my father."

"This continued till I was 10 then he left. I was happy but Bill didn't let it last a minute more after my father left he started to abuse me and till I was 12 he did. Then he left too," tears left my eyes and Klaus took hold of my hand. 

"Then after 1 year again my father came and this time he kidnapped me and Caroline both. And this time he was going to stab Care and I-- I pu--- I pushed him an-- and he fell and knocked his h--he-head on th--the table and d--di-died," I started to cry badly. I ruined our night. He came toward me and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry I asked..." He apologised. "It is not your fault that I triggered my curse," he was bit taken back by my words but never broke the hug. "Thank you for listening to me," We paid the bill and went towards the car. "I broke my curse when I lost control over my hunger when I was newly turned," "It happens because that is our nature to kill and suffer," he gave a kiss on my cheeks and we drove to the hotel. 

♪♫

"Klaus can you stay with me tonight," I asked him as I leaned at his door frame. He nodded and came to my room. First, he lay down then on the top I did, with my head in his arms and my arms around his torso. He softly creased my hair and I fell asleep in Klaus Mikealson's arms.

I think I'm falling in love with him...