Chapter 12

"Hurry!" Steve shouted as he stood with Nancy in the Upside Down, shaking and slapping her cheeks to snap her out of her trance- but to no avail. "(Y/n)! Please, please, please- wake up!" Chrissy sobbed as she mimicked Steves' movements. However she was much more gentle, not wanting to hurt (Y/n). Erica watched the four before running to where everyone else was, in Eddie's room, looking for anything to snap them out of Vecna's curse. "Steve said hurry!" Erica shouted. 

"We're trying!" Dustin shouted as he went through Eddie's albums. "We can't find shit!" Max shouted. "I mean what are you looking for?!" Eddie shouted, his hands shaking due to the fear of possibly losing (Y/n). He had so many plans for them. "Madonna, Blondie, Bon Jovi, the Beatles! Music, we need Music!" Robin said as she held a cassette of Iron Maiden. Eddie scuffed and ripped the tape out of her hand. "This. Is. Music!" Eddie shouted. 

"Where's the Queen cassette (Y/n) got you?" Billy asked as he dumped the box filled with mixed music. Eddie shuffled the cassettes until it landed on the one she had given him for their two month anniversary. Billy grabbed it and Eddie's speaker, running to the living where Chrissy was softly speaking to (Y/n) holding her in her arms as they both sat on the ground. "What about Nancy?" Robin shouted as she followed Eddie and Billy. "Honestly, Buckley- I don't give shit about Wheeler, (Y/n) takes priority." Billy sneered as he turned the volume all the way up. "We need to save them both!" Robin shouted. She looks back up at a worried Steve. "You guys got something?!" Steve shouted. "Can it, Harrington!" Billy shouted right as he hit play. 

"There's no use running." Vecna's voice echoed in the blooded hallway. Nancy and (Y/n) began pulling off the wooden planks that boarded up their only exit. With every piece off it seemed Vecna got three feet closer. Finally able to get the bottom planks off they crouched and ran out the doors. However, instead of finding the outside, they found themselves in another room- the lights turned off and once on again- they screamed when they saw they were tied down on chairs. Tentacles almost resemble overgrown tree roots- but have rotten. Wrapping them to chairs, forcing their ankles and wrist down. Vecna slowly made his way over to Nancy and (Y/n), up close the women could truly see his deformity. No nose, his eyes a cloudy blue, and his body covered in the same tentacles that held them down. "I need you both to show them, show all of them what's about to come." Vecna held his hand over Nancy face- the woman screaming in terror at what was flashing before her eyes. "Leave her alone!" (Y/n) shouted. Pulling against the restraints, but that only seemed to tighten them. "No!" Nancy shouted as he continued his actions. "Nancy!" Right when her name was said, the lights flickered off before filling the room with fluorescence. (Y/n)'s chest heaved in and out when she saw she was gone, but Vecna had remained. "Why are you doing this?!" She screamed at him. He didn't answer but he did take a seat in front of her. "Why does mankind do anything?" He fired back. (Y/n) raised a brow in confusion, but didn't answer. "For power, for change." Vecna answered his question. "Humans were born to die, all they do is eat, sleep, shit, work and only to return home to do it all over again. Reproduce and die. Humans have made incredible discoveries, but they're selfish and greedy. Instead of helping one another- they'll tear each other down and collect the reward." Vecna spoke. Just as he raised his hand above her face she stopped him. 

"Like they did to your parents." Vecna said. In a blink of an eye, the two stood in the same hallway- but this time (Y/n) wasn't tied down but she couldn't move either. The hallway was clean and free from any dead bodies. It was clean. 

They stood in front of a wooden door. "Alright, Henry!" She froze when she heard that voice, it's some sick game- it has to be. Vecna pushed open the door without touching it and there behind it was a little boy and her dad. "I'm so proud of you! You've been improving." Her dad smiled as he patted the boy's, Henry's, head. The boy looked up at him with wide eyes and a small smile. "Dad?" (Y/n) whispered, her chest tightened and her eyes burned as they filled with tears. "Dad?!" She called out again but he didn't answer or acknowledge they were even there. "Your father and mother were the only true kind souls I've ever encountered." Vecna said, a sob broke from my lips when I saw my mom walk in with a tray of food. "Papa assigned them to me as caregivers when he wasn't able to spare time. I grew to care for them." He explained.