Chapter 28: For the People

Start from the beginning

"Of course, Hisashi." Ayato took a deep breath, "ready?"

You nodded confidently before you slid the door open. "After you, O Mighty Lord of
Perv—"

Ayato loudly cleared his throat, purposely interrupting you. "—AHEM, ladies first."

"Very charming~"

You exit the room while Ayato followed behind.
Ayato and you stood by the entrance of the Kamisato Estate, watching Ayaka rush to your side.

She always looked magnificent, the way she gracefully projected herself was tough for any ordinary person to not keep their eyes off of her. She held a small closed umbrella near her chest as if it were some sort of stuffed toy.

"I brought an umbrella...just in case it rains." Ayaka shyly mumbled.

"It'd be troublesome if it did." Ayato bluntly replied.

You all began to head down to Inazuma City. You were constantly fighting your thoughts. The decision you would make will impact everyone around you and the way they perceive you.

Was it okay to decline the Commissioner's request?

Was it okay to put my needs before anyone else's?

Would I end up like Kujou Sara if I accept his request?

All your thoughts were soon interrupted by Ayato whispering, "We're here."

You stood at the very ground of Tenshukaku, admiring the lofty building. It's been a while since you set foot here. You took a deep breath before entering with Ayato and his sister.

Two doushin opened a door, leading you and the two Kamisato siblings inside the building. You were greeted by warm cozy floral incense along with a pair of piercing eyes.

You noticed the shogun was sitting at the very front of the room. An empty seat was near her...that seat was where Sara would always sit.

You greeted everyone, including the Tenryou Commissioner who kept staring and purposefully intimidating you. Nevertheless, you dismissed the harsh gaze of the Commissioner and sat next to Ayato.

The Kujou Takayuki, Hiiragi Shinuke, and Ayato kept glimpsing at one another as if given the chance, they would tear down each other's throats.

The almighty shogun looked around the room, closely observing how everyone was against one another. She parted her lips, sternly announcing that everyone was here.

The Tenryou Commissioner took the chance to speak, "Greetings, I would say the morning weather is marvelous however, it's not." He paused as if he were ready to declare an intelligent statement. "It is gloomy and heavy like the news we all know."

He slowly talked as if it were a tactic to make everyone feel vulnerable and dull like a used blade. He reminded us that Sara was poisoned and then pursued to tell a certain incident that happened fifteen years ago.

"We all remember that one calamity from many years ago don't we? Of course, the current Yashiro Commissioner and his wife were quite young when that transpired." Kujou Takayuki narrowed his eyes, "I wouldn't accuse them of not knowing classified information regarding Florescent fungus."