Chapter Three

Isabella POV

I decided that if I gave Jayde a dream, it would tell her what had happened to me and who killed me.  Maybe she could help me.

The girl woke up screaming.  I kind of felt sorry for her but it had to be done. Her mum heard the screams and ran in.

“What’s wrong Jayde?” The lady asked.

''I had a nightmare, that’s all.” Jayde replied.

The mum pulled a confused face and left the room, Jayde walked into the bathroom.  She turned on the tap and washed her face with cold water.  When she looked up, she stared at me and smiled.  I think she could actually see me.  When I looked back, I remember us playing when we were kids.  I remember when it was our third birthday.  That was the day that changed our lives forever.

Jayde and I were asleep in bed when our grandparents came in. They sat on our bed and said they needed to tell us something important.

“Your mummy and daddy were in a car accident.” Grandpa said. “They got hurt really bad.”

“Where are they?” I asked.

“They’ve gone to heaven now. They’re safe with God.” Grandpa replied as Grandma’s eyes got watery.

“So they’re never coming back?”

“No. I’m sorry.”

Jayde and I started crying. We were only three years old and we lost both our parents. The next day we went to an orphanage and I don’t know what happened next.

I looked down at the floor and sighed.

“Are you okay?” Jayde asked me.

“Can you see me?” I asked.

“Yes I can, I know who you are and I’m guessing you know who I am.”

“Yeah. I was just remembering the last day we spent together.” I said. “I need to ask you to do a really big favour for me.”

“What is it?” she asked.

“Can you please help me find my killer?”

“Sure. But where do we start?”

“You have to sneak out of the house.” I said.

“How are we going to do that?”

“I’m still thinking.”

There was silence. How do I sneak Jayde out of the house?

“I know! You create a distraction and I’ll run out the front door!” Jayde exclaimed.

''okay i'll go make the distraction, run out when you think its the best time''.

I walked downstairs with Jayde following me. Then I saw the mum and dad sitting at the table talking. I grabbed a plate and chucked it at the ground.

“What was that?”The lady asked.

Then I chucked another one, then another. I chucked about four. By the time I was done, Jayde had run out of the door. I turned around and followed her and left the couple to clean up the mess.

“So where do we go?” Jayde asked.

“We’ll go to the police station first.”

We walked to the police station. I could see fear build up in jaydes eyes as we got closer. We arrived at the police station and we walked in.

“Can I help you young lady?” an officer said to Jayde.

“Yes actually. I was wondering if I could get the information on the murder of Isabella Kingsley.” She replied.

“I’m sorry. We’re not allowed to give out any of that sort of information.”

“But I am her twin sister!”

“Yeah, whatever.”

“I’m serious! Even look it up!” Jayde shouted at him.

I went outside and left them two to argue. I picked up a brick and threw it at a car to distract him. The alarm started going off.  So I ran back inside as the police officer ran out to see what happened to his car and Jayde was on his computer and typed in my name. My photo came up and it said that I had been murdered on the 28th of June 2010 at the age of 15. It said that I got repeatedly stabbed and then hung in my brother’s wardrobe. It then said that Ronald, my own father, had killed me but police believed that there was another unknown suspect. That didn’t make any sense though? How could he do that to his own daughter?

Jayde POV

“Ronald killed you. I cannot believe it. How could somebody so close to you kill you? And why would he want to?” I said to Izzy as we walked down the street.

“I have absolutely no idea.” Izzy replied.

“Think Izzy, think! What happened before he murdered you?