Chapter One

Isabella POV

I woke up this morning to find myself completely freezing. I got up and put my slippers on and crept around my silent house. I tiptoe down the corridor in the direction of my parents room and gradually open the door. As i peek inside the room, i notice that no one is in there. So I decide to go into my brother Anthony’s room.  I open the door, wondering if anybody is in there, but instead, everything is out of place and messy. My curiousity grew and i slid open my brothers wardrope door to find what appeared to be blood, stained on the floorboards. Horrified, I shriek, but nothing comes out. I run out of my brothers room and hurried my way down the stairs in hope to find my family. I go to dash out of the front door, but something is in my way, ''police tape?'' My fear grew stronger but I pay no attention to it and continue running. I finally get out of the front gate but I dont know where to go. I start sprinting down the street. People must think I’m stupid; a fifteen year old running down the street in her pyjamas, a white teddy bear in her hand and crimson slippers shaped as a pig. I run towards a police station, uncertain of where I am. I enter the open doors and start screaming. I shout “Help, I think my little brother has been murdered!”, but to my scepticism, no one even looks at me! Bewildered and frightened, I go down the road to the local café, everyone knows me there therefore I am sure that they will listen to me. I stroll in and sit down. Then all of a sudden, I hear a loud noice which sounded like gun shots.  two masked men come into the café and start assassinating everyone in their sight. I just stood there, too terrified to move. They’re going to shoot me any second now, I think to myself, but to my surprise they pay no attention to me and go to the cash register and demanded to have all the money. I glare at them as they look in my direction, but completely ignore me as if I am too small to see. They then began shooting everyone one by one. Ive never seen something so terrifying and so discusting. Blood was splattered all over the walls, but this didnt seem to concern them at all. The screams of people filled my ears as they kept firing. The sound of the baby crying next to me broke my heart. I closed my eyes as i couldnt watch anymore and in time the gun shot went off and the baby went silent. I open my eyes and everyone was dead. Tears rolled down my eyes as I couldnt help but wonder why didn’t they shoot me?

The police finally arrive 10 minutes later. It was Charlie and Barry, coming for their usual donut and coffee before they start their shift. They’re good friends of mine, they will listen to me. i run up to them and begin to tell my painful experiance, but they payed no attention. I deside to write my details down on a serviette with a pen that I find on the floor.

I wrote “It’s me, Izzy! The robbers didn’t shoot me! Please, help me find my family, I don’t know where they are and I think my brother is dead!” I started waving my arms around with the cerviate in my hand so they would pay attention. They look at me in astonishment and then call for backup. I thought finally, someone listened! I give Charlie the serviette and run out to continue the search for my family.

Jayde POV

“It’s time to get up Jayde!” Juliana the nun called out to me. Great, another dull day in the orphanage, I thought to myself. Ever since my parents died when I was three years old, I had lived in an orphanage with nuns. I hated it here, it was a nightmare. The only thing I could do around this place was eat, drink, bathe, and sit around all day reading or sleeping. The food tasted like absolute shit and my bed was a thin stretcher- like mattress. I was in here alone, my sister and i were serperated at a young age because she was adopted first. Its not fair every other fifteen year old gets to party and spend time with their friends and family. I once had a family. I’m not sure how many people were in my family, but I remember having one. The only thing I remember was my third birthday when my mum and dad gave me Sparkles, my pink teddy bear that I will forever treasure, due to the fact that it’s the only thing I have left of them.