The Crafting of an Allegiance

Start from the beginning

The suited scientist pressed a button on the table and a large hologram of kryptonite appeared above it.

"Then you will give me some."

Luthor let out a laugh.

"Not a chance."

Y/n took a threatening step towards the billionaire before he clarified.

"Kryptonite is far too worthy a substance to risk you wasting some."

Luthor picked up the gadget and fed the wires inside before clicking the final panel into place.

"Instead..."

He walked over to a more secluded area of the lab before a bright light powered up, revealing a large mech suit and fitting the gadget onto it.

"...I will handle the Kryptonian."

"You?"

"Indeed, as you know, I have a particular hatred for the clown of Gotham," Luthor began dryly, "but that does not mean I will do this service for free."

"Is the death of the Joker not a suitable end goal?"

"Not quite"

"Then what is it you want?"

The bald-headed man laughed as he walked over to a nearby table and began to remove the suit he was wearing.

"I would usually ask for a special item or substance; something only the person I'm dealing with could provide."

The scientist turned to reveal a full body tactical suit that he had been wearing under the formal suit before pulling on some gloves.

"But this deal is already mutually beneficial after all, so all I ask in return...is a favor."

"A favor?"

"A favor." He confirmed.

"Do we have a deal?"

Luthor held out his hand as he stared at the rage-powered being in front of him.

Y/n met Luthor's hand with his own and shook it.

"Deal."

The pair dropped their hands before Y/n turned to look at the large mech that the man beside him had previously tinkered with.

"You handle the Superman, which leaves the other members of the League for me." He stated, looking up at the mech before him.

"About them..."

Luthor walked over to a nearby computer and pressed a few buttons before some images of people flashed up onto the screen.

Y/n spun around and looked at each photo individually.

A woman who had a striking resemblance to a large cat

A red-skinned man with a yellow attire

A middle-eastern man with a lightning bolt on his chest

A man in a skin-tight yellow suit with red highlights.

A person in a skin-tight wet suit and rather odd helmet.

"...there are some others who may be willing to help."

---

"...Onto the topic of a spate of murders around Gotham, Commisioner of the GCPD James Gordon has said that the culprit is currently unknown but is still confident that they will be able to catch them in due time."

The sound of the news broadcast bounced about the damp walls of the batcave as the Batman viewed multiple cameras all around Gotham.

"Are you certain that not informing the Commissioner of your connection to Master Todd was a wise idea, Master Wayne?"

The Butler approached and placed a silver platter on a small side table before removing the lid, revealing a large sandwich.

The Bat pulled down his cowl and turned to face his butler friend.

"Gordon is contempt in the fact that the League is searching for him, telling him of my involvement will only complicate things."

Bruce removed his gloves and picked up the sandwich.

"Any word on Dick?"

"As you know Master Grayson deactivated his location tracker. I have tried to contact him multiple times but he is yet to reply to any of my attempts."

The Bat hummed in response as he feasted upon the food given to him.

"I gather that there has been no sightings of Master Todd?"

"Nothing since his clash with the League," the Bat stated, finishing his sandwich, "with us holding Joker he's likely trying to figure out how to get past us."

The butler hummed in response before collecting the silver dish and heading up to the building above, his formal shoes echoing around the empty halls of Wanye Manor.

Entering the kitchens he placed the silver platter down before looking over at a framed photo on the window side.

The photo depicted a rather annoyed looking Bruce that had remnants of whipped cream on his face as Dick and Y/n stood behind him, arms around each others shoulders while laughing in joy.

Alfred looked at the picture with a solemn expression before looking out the window at the Bat-signal in the distance and hearing the roar of the Batmobile as it tore towards it.

"Where are you boys?"

Howdy! It's been a while huh? I was correct that my final exams kept me busy up until the end of June, I then began writing this chapter with the intent to publish at the start of July only to then be told my grandfather had fallen seriously ill. Fears of his health meant I wasn't writing and he then passed away. Funeral preparations and travelling to be there for said funeral kept me busy through July, I've come back to write this chapter and will continue but I won't make promises of consistency or when I'll release the next chapter cause everytime I do, something seems to happen that occupies my time.

Hope you're all well!

- Pugg