chapter 43 "trouble trouble like a dress code"

it only took one look at her to know, to realize- that hina, the same girl who stole his girlfriend's belongings, is very much capable, but to what extent?

talk about outfit of the day; what a lovely day to sport a spaghetti-strap top. the tiny piece of eggshell on her bare shoulder was a fairly obvious giveaway, it dares not escape haechan's keen pair of eyes–

because it wasn't even lunchtime, so why would someone have a piece of eggshell glued to their shoulders randomly?

haechan took big steps to the principal's office leaving myeong all alone. his hand was locked firmly onto hina's wrist who lagged 3 feet behind, it's safe to say that girly couldn't quite catch up because of this. she followed him dumb regardless. "i finally have him wrapped around my finger, or should i say, wrist..", she thought, grinning maniacally at herself.

the boy appeared to be relatively composed on the outside, but hina would have fled from haechan's seethe if she had known how grudgingly he battled the blazing inferno inside of him.

all he felt was pure hatred and disgust towards the girl.

"what are you grinning for?", haechan tsked and paused to a stop as they reached the staircase, irritated by her mere presence. her laughter had soon died down, and her eyes were inevitably drawn to his gorgeous set of hazels. haechan's disgust, however, was evident, and the girl averted her gaze to the floor, feeling conscious of his judging gaze.

he has since let go of her wrist, eyeing the piece of eggshell once more.

"you" ... "come closer", haechan demanded. with his pointer finger and thumb, he flicked the eggshell off of hina, the impact made her wince in response.

"ouch!! hyuckie, what was that for?!?!!" she exclaimed while rubbing the area in circles.

"boom, evidence", he said as he picks the white fragment from the floor and consequently putting it near her face.

"i know it was you, hina nakamoto."

a nervous gulp followed but she denied his allegations and kept walking to oblivion.

"wait where are you taking me?"

a dominant knock resonated through the void of the hallway. his knuckles pounced hard onto the wood, almost as-if cracking it in the process.

"hey kid, what seems to be the matter huh?", mrs. hong asked, matching the lee's energy.

bad energy. bad, bad energy.

"nothing mrs., im sorry if i sounded rude but- would you please set us up a meeting with the principal as soon as possible?", haechan asked nicely this time.

good energy. good, good energy.

pursing her crusty azz lips, mrs. hong proceeded to tell them that the principal is currently hosting a meeting together with the district's board of directors and that they would have to wait before they could address their concerns.

"wait a minute, the meeting is ending soon and you may go in by then."

"alright."

beside him was hina who looked way too jittery.

"bye, sir dejun is probably searching for me now, i appreciate your effort in trying to kidnap me but i will be going-"

"oh he sure is," "can't you wait a little more longer?", haechan deadpanned.

"i'm easily bored and i have so many things to do you see, i'm a busy person. i need to retouch my makeup–my lipstick is fading yeah...", hina chattered.

"no, no, let's play a game, a friendly one at that", he mused.

"huh? i'm not athletic but uhhh sure", hina replied, unsure.

"okay! 21 questions it is, i'll ask first–"

"now, now... why don't you tell me.. was it you who did it?" he began, trying to confront the girl.

"did what?"

"don't act so clueless, nakamoto."

"what are you talking about? it could not possibly be me! why would i", she hissed in anger, trying to appear innocent in his eyes. no, she couldn't afford getting him mad, not right now that she's fallen for him for real.

"if you say so", he replied monotonously.

"to make sure that you don't run away from this", haechan held her wrist once more, affecting her last bits of sanity. in the end, she stayed.

the panel of people began to exit their way out; a lazy looking mrs. hong waved to catch their attention. "come on in."

the principal is seen fixing some paperwork on the table when they entered.

"good morning, i want to report something ma'am", "haechan, it's haechan lee."

"what made you come here?", the principal finally looked over to their direction. "oh! ms. nakamoto, it's you! what brings your here dear?"

"actually..", haechan interrupted.

"go on", the principal (mrs. baek) told him, tone, going back to sounding uninterested.

"i have my suspicions on hina nakamoto for the recent sabotage that took place in one of section z's lockers–"

"you don't even have evidence it was me who did that!", she began shouting. it's only now that she realizes she's about to be caught if she doesn't come up with a plausible alibi quickly.

"oh yes we do" chaewon suddenly made her appearance in the principal's office.

"may we please look into the cctv footages near the area?"

the video of hina and her friends suspiciously cracking 'rotten' eggs in myeong's locker room was full on display.

"okay, i've seen enough. ms. nakamoto, i'll have to talk with your parents–much preferably if it was your dad", mrs. baek spoke.

hina was supposed to get suspended but because of her family's influence, her dad would need to just donate a few more computers to the computer room. the action would be coming off as generous but schools like neo colleges could use a little bit of corruption.

haechan was mad that hina only had to clean and arrange books in pristine condition at the library like she wasn't some psycho who collected dirty used tissues in the toilets and shoved it inside myeong's lockers.

"you three may go back to your respective classes", mrs. baek instructed.

"but–"

"no buts, i have another meeting to attend in 5 minutes."

"what about her other accomplices? seo jia, kim joohyun, eun-jeong?"

"ahhhh, the same as mrs. nakamoto's punishment"

"don't worry too much about it, it's just that you are all young and make bad decisions, i'm sure she'll grow out of it, right dear?" mrs. baek encouraged, hina nodded in agreement.

chaewon raised her eyebrow in disbelief. if an old lady like mrs. baek still couldn't make good decisions, what more will she expect from hina?

shaking her head in frustration, she gave him a strong pat on the back before returning to their classroom.

"this is unbelievable.."

"it was clearly you and your rebel friends who ruined my girlfriend's locker"

"yah!"

nakamoto hina fled the scene in an instant, most likely hiding with her companion group.

life, is unfair.