chapter 5 "clouds cry too"

myeong went shopping a little later than the time she originally planned

myeong went shopping a little later than the time she originally planned. she slept in, and woke up in a such ungodly hour. i'm having brunch again, i really need to keep an eye on my eating schedule, yoo i should like eat properly or halmeoni would nag at me again.

while fixing her hair in the mirror she had just set up, myeong thought of her family. is my mother eating well? how about my father? she truly loves them even though they have basically abandoned her like she wasn't from them. her halmeoni was the only one supporting her right now, financial and emotional. she often wonders if her parents had gotten themselves a new family. thoughts about them hit her spontaneously; during mornings when she is unwrapping the stale breakfast sandwich, or nights when she is just about to switch off the lamp beside her... it still hurts her. no matter how much effort she does in not caring, she still finds herself caring for them somehow.

dressed in a pretty shade of violet baby tee enclosed with an oversized black graphic sweater, she puts on a black beanie, some mesh stockings, a midi skirt and about to walk outside with her mary jane platforms and pastel blue leg warmers.

the weather today wasn't too hot and more on the colder side unlike the past few days of sunshine and sunshine. it is currently quarter 2 o'clock when she reached the mall. grabbing a few cups of ramen and bags of chips, she got them scanned and payed and left to buy things for her dorm.

haechan met up with renjun like 2 hours ago for lunch since both were too lazy to cook and delighted with the idea of eating chicken outside. haechan and renjun went to the mall, the same mall myeong was currently in, to buy wallpapers and stuff too.

renjun noticed myeong holding two rolls of wallpaper, silently choosing between the two. "myeong! hey! i wasn't expecting to see you here", renjun cooed. myeong waved at him with the dark wallpaper still on her left hand.

"jun, which one's better? this poster of michael jackson sitting or the one standing up?", haechan went to renjun not really paying attention to where he's going.

eyes fluttering to the aisle myeong was at, he said her hellos to her.

they did not really converse that long, well, they did not actually speak to each other, t'was only one-sided, renjun asking her what she's doing there and myeong just giving him the nod that could mean pretty much a thousand meanings. she excused herself and went on with shopping, already getting uncomfortable with the amount of awkwardness there is due to her not being able to speak.

haechan took so long picking wallpapers and paint while myeong on the other hand got everything she needed to buy in one go so that her supplies would last her a long time so she made use of her time and money wisely.

after paying the cashier, she walked outside and stayed in the waiting shed because she did not bring an umbrella and it was raining quite hard.

haechan and renjun both held bags of supplies they bought for themselves, renjun's was more of stuff he needed for his course, he is taking a major in arts. haechan ended up buying both mj posters lol.

they saw myeong again below the green shed, waiting for the rain to stop, hugging the bags of the items she bought. seems like it won't be stopping soon. it is a relief that renjun drove his car all the way here and so haechan and him wouldn't be too bothered with the rain given that they had forgotten about bringing an umbrella too.

the pouring of rain worried myeong because she is afraid she would have to call an uber to bring her to the dorms but she just bought a lot and an uber ride would cost her a one-meal worth of food, she isn't willing to spend that much.