Chapter 13~ its just the begaining

I started to run straight for the woods but I quickly turned around because I couldn't bare the thought of leaving the blood bath alive and have absolutely no supplies. Searched the area for a second and spot katniss tugging at a orange backpack trying to get it away from the boy. I want to help her ever so badly but I have no weapons so there for I would get killed.

I turn around and see a small green backpack and I run for it, deciding it was enough to get through for a while. I think that I am the only one grabbing it when I see a girl from 4 also grabbing it. I see the scared expression on her face and she sees has no weapons either. She makes one last, hard pull for it and her eyes widen . I turn around and see Thresh giving her a death stare. She gasps and grabs the bag from my hands and takes off.

"Come on you are coming with me!" He says grabbing my wrist. We take off towards the meadow and I stop. "Thresh I do like the meadow but..but I like the forest better." He is about to object but a boy comes behind him and knocks Thresh to the ground.

They roll on top of each other for a minute until Thresh knocks the boy to the side. He quickly scans through the 3 back packs and weapons that were collected. I see him pull out a pair of socks, and a small water skin. He hands to to me and goes on to the next back pack. Right before he pulls out something else the same boy comes back but this time he has a knife. Thresh doges all of his swings with the knife and quickly disarms him.

I stand on the side feeling completely useless and Thresh yells for me to run. I do as said and run for the forest. When I think I am far enough away from them I take my things he gave me and scurry up a tree like a squirrel. I have know since I was 3 to jump from tree to tree, it me it's like a second nature.

When I am done hopping from the trees I find a nice place high up to settle in. I think about camping out here until i hear a very familiar voice come from my right. "Shut up Marvel, nobody cares we need to find water. Soon!" Yells a very mean Cato. I hear then canons start to go off. Each one represents a dead tribute, the canons only go off when the killers have left and the battle is over because it is too hard to count them as each one is killed. They all give each other high fives and give some congrats. I didn't bother going back to see the how many we're dead. I silently count them. "1,2,3,4" I count on until i get to eleven. eleven is already dead, eleven innocent children who simply had done no harm to deserve death. I hold my head in my hands until I hear another voice. "We found it! Yay I am so thirsty!" Cheers a happy Glimmer. I slowly make my way though the trees as I silently spy on them. As of right now the alliance is Cato, Clove, Marvel and glimmer. I go a few trees back from them but just enough so I still see them.

I take out the socks and slip them on my hands. It's slowly turning into night and I Know its about time of the anthem to play and it eventually does. I see the poor faces of the dead children and I am relived to not see katniss,peeta, or Thresh's face in the sky tonight. I sit back and I listen to the now called "careers" conversation. I soon decide to climb higher and when I do I here Cato yell at the others. "Hey look I found him! Come on!" I feel bad for the boy that was spotted by Cato and the other tributes. And soon before i fall into a beautiful peaceful dream I realize the games have just started, and they will last just as long as it took to start them, this game just got real.