Chapter 10~ the real Thresh

When we get back from the stage of interviews Thresh and I are put in a elevator. I run peeta's interview over and over in my head. "Because she came here with me." Of corse he meant Katniss and he lied so smoothly because when I looked deep into is eyes he wasn't lying, but Katniss looks like she knew this was set up by her mentor and peeta.

I over hear katniss and peeta talking.. well more like yelling to each other." You had no right to say such a thing about me!" She yells. When are elevator stops I stay in for a while and listen to them.

"Say what?" Asks peeta In such a innocent voice.

" you made me look like I was helpless! Like I was weak!" Katniss really does sound mad.

I don't like hearing people argue so I step out on the cold tile at the entrance of our pent house.

"I told you they would play the star-crossed lovers. I think its cheesy. Rue what do you plan to do for the game makers?" Says Roger looking down at his dinner plate.

" I don't know and I think they really are in love!" I raise my voice at Chaff. Before i knew it I was defending them and I wasn't ashamed. "We'll I don't think so now sit down and eat!" He yells back. And since I don't like like fights I burry my head in my hands and run to my room crying.

I slam my door shut and lock it. I hear Thresh yelling once again. "I told you don't make her cry again or else!" "When will the yelling stop?" I wonder and I cry my self to sleep.

When I wake up I realize tomorrow are the games and today is the secret training.

"You never did tell me what your going to do for the game makers." Say Chaff as soon as I sit down. "I don't know, it's not till 2:20 I have time." I answer still angry at him from last night. He turns to Thresh and says the same. "I am going to hit every target with all the weapons." Thresh answers.

I finish the Delicious food and go to my room and find a note on my bed. "Rue, we have until 2 to do anything we want. Please come talk to me by my door. Thanks ~ Thresh

I slowly walked to the corner of Thresh's room and I see him smiling at me.

"Hey little girl, you want to hang out with me today?" He asked and I put on a real grin. "Sure where do you want to go?" I ask thinking of a place. He thinks for a second and says"I don't know not many places we can go!" I giggle and tell him to follow me.

I lead him up to where I first knew Peeta wasn't just a piece of the games, which was the top of the training center. We already had our training suits on so we didn't have to go back and change.

We ate lunch, told secrets, told our plans, and laughed a lot. I finally got the nerves to ask him want I wanted to the day I first heard of him. "Thresh, people say your really mean and can rip a head off but I think you have more of a soft side. What do you think?" He stops playing with his fingers and says "Well people only say that cause I'm big but when I'm angry I can do lots of damage. So there some what right." I smile and he asks me one more question before we leave. "Who do you want to win besides us?" I don't even hesitate when I say "District 12." And I say it proudly. He agrees with me and I realize this is the real Thresh. Not the one everybody talks about,but the Thresh that is a lot like Peeta but peeta is only mean with words when Thresh is mean with weapons. I'm just glad I finally got see the real him.