Chapter 23 ~𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜~

Start from the beginning

"Do I look like an idiot to you?" He said and I had to keep in a laugh

"Yes," I said while failing and laughing anyway "YOU CANT EVEN BE MAD AT ME BECAUSE YOU GAVE ME THAT OPENING. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO SAY? NO?" I sat there laughing and Kageyama just watched me madly as he crossed his arms "Ok I'm done," I said as I managed to compose myself but his mad face still remained and he just stared me dead in the soul

"Are you dying?" I asked worriedly and he rolled his eyes

"Get ready to go," Kageyama said as he stood up and I looked at him madly from the sofa

"I'm. Not. Going."

"I didn't think you were one to break promises Y/n," Kageyama said and I got confused "I was told that you promised to have a sleepover"

"But... it will be awkward if I go," I said nervously and he looked down at me not sure what to say

"I won't let it be awkward," he said and I stood up from the couch and looked at him confused "I promise that I won't let it be awkward Y/n, I won't leave you alone with him, I won't let there be an awkward silence and I won't let the team know something is going on," he said and my heart skipped a beat.

I always tell myself I don't like Kageyama simply because I don't want to like him. But it's times like this when I can't deny my feelings for him. Not to myself or anyone else. And I look at myself and say "how stupid are you for not WANTING to like him" because why shouldn't I want to like him?

"You swear?" I managed to say

"I swear," he said with a smile

"Ok then"

"Now go, we're already late," he said as he started pushing me towards the stairs.

I packed my things as quickly as possible. Making sure not to forget ANYTHING. I texted my mom letting her know where I would be. Me and Kageyama watched tv as we waited for the rain to stop because Kageyama was too much of a baby to go back out into the rain.

Tsukishima's pov

I for whatever reason let the team into my house, I'm pretty sure they could tell I was more... my 'old' self than usual. Every time the doorbell went I stupidly hoped it was her. Y/n. But it never was. I wanted to lock myself in my room but I knew I couldn't do that. So instead I sat in the sitting room letting them pick stupid movie after stupid movie. The team didn't seem sad but there was an unusual silence in the room. Probably because Y/n's voice didn't travel from wall to wall every two seconds.

"When can we get food?" Hinata said as his stomach rumbled

"When everyone gets here," Suga said and Hinata groaned at Suga's response

We were still waiting for Kiyoko, Yachi and Kageyama to arrive

I wasn't sure if Kiyoko and Yachi were going to come since Y/n wasn't going to be here but they decided to come anyway. I noticed that Yachi and Kiyoko had grown close over the last few weeks and that made me feel... sadness for Y/n. I'm not sure why I felt sadness for her but I knew I did because every time I thought of her being left out, not that Kiyoko and Yachi would ever leave her out, but every time I pictured it my heart had this weird tug on it.