A smile so bright it could keep us both warm // Nene x Airi

This is a request!
Nene met Airi when they had a mixed group camping trip, at first glance she was entranced. Airi was absolutely everything she could always dream and hope to be; confident, popular, pretty, and had so much ambition. While on the other hand Nene was insecure, introverted, and reserved. Maybe that's why the two always worked so well together, Airi almost immediately adopted Nene into her friend group- even with all nenes "flaws" she didn't care. Her smile was bright enough for the both of them, nenes heart skipped a beat at the very thought of her smile, or even anything about her. She never really understood it, she admired Airi so heavily but maybe it was something more... and after talking to the rest of the group she confirmed it was something a little more than that. So here Nene found herself in a bad predicament- what should she do? On one hand she just wanted to run over and blurt out every feeling she had to her but the other hand she wondered if she didn't say anything if they could stay like this for a little longer.
Besides she didn't even know how to go about asking someone out, which is when Rui found out she immediately started bolting.
He had the look in his eyes as if he was about to do something incredible, something incredibly stupid. She knew he would make some large plan and she wanted none of it, so she decided that if she were hypothetically to tell Airi she would just want it to be something small. Maybe that way the rejection that she would face would seem less painful and embarrassing. She simply plucked a rose from her garden and decided that when she next saw Airi she would ask her out. But then again she knew herself and deep down she wouldn't be able to do it- and so she spent the past few days avoiding her. This made Airi worry and not understand what was going on, retracing all of their conversations and she thought maybe she came on to strong and that now Nene didn't like her- that thought to her was worse than anything, so she searched for nene and when she found her they sat down to talk.
"Hey nene I'm-"
" wait sorry can I speak first I really just wanna say that I am really sorry for avoiding you I just didn't know what to do because I started getting these feelings and I just didn't know how to tell you so I got you this rose and-" Nene exhaustedly blurted out taking out the rose
Airi didn't say anything at first and just let out a simple giggle, she grabbed the rose and brushed nenes hair behind her ear before asking, "will you go on a date with me" she smiled.
Nenes face lit up immediately and she hugged Airi, the two now laughing at the past couple of days situation. Nene told her about how worried she was and Airi reassured her she would have never rejected her, it's almost as if when she wasn't there, there was a piece of Airi not there either. The two complimented each other so well and sometimes being opposites is exactly what brings two together. the two held hands and they passed by shops to find one for their first date- nene didn't care where they went she just cared that they were there.

- thanks for reading this part! If you liked this feel free to leave a request!! -