𝟎𝟎𝟏 | 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚

before this book starts Aurora is 30 and Amani is 21!

𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍
𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐈, 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐈, 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏| 𝟕:𝟎𝟎 𝐚𝐦

TAP, TAP, TAP, was one of the many sounds that Aurora could hear while she lay wide awake in her king size bed, her husband sleeping right next to her slightly snoring which was something that slowly but surely started to annoy her over the course of the years of the two being married.

It was currently 7:00 in the morning, meaning that Aurora had nearly an hour to sleep before she had to wake up and leave to drop her son off at school and yet she was still wide awake as if she didn't have anything to do in he morning.

She didn't know why she was awake but she couldn't go back to sleep so she resorted to listening to the variety of sounds that nature had to offer her and drowning herself in her own thoughts to help pass the time.

Continuing to listen to the rain aggressively tapping against her large bedroom window that was right in front of where she was laying, Aurora soon felt her eyelids become heavy, indicating that she was starting to get tired again.

She wasn't able to go back to sleep like her body wanted her to though because her white bedroom door soon busted open before the sound of small feet could be heard making their way towards her bed. She then felt the tiny human body jump on her bed, accidentally kicking her in the arm when he did, letting her know exactly who it was.

"Mommy, Daddy wake up it's time for me to go to school," Aurora's 5-year old son, Jaseh, said as he continuously jumped down on his parents bed, making sure not to step on them as he did, in hopes of waking quickly waking them up.

Since Aurora was already awake, all Jaseh had to do was wake his dad up which luckily he was able to do in all a matter of seconds after he started jumping.

"Aurora tell your son to stop jumping on the damn bed like he's a monkey," Aurora's husband, Jeremy, angrily said, turning his head so that he was looking dead at Aurora.

When Jeremy said that, Aurora couldn't help but feel some type of way at the fact he'd only respond to their son as just hers.

She couldn't believe that her husband wasn't even referring to their child as his even when he was. Anytime Jaseh did something wrong he'd refer to him as only hers when he was both of theirs. Besides he was just a child, calling him a monkey wouldn't make it better and Aurora didn't like it at all.

Especially when the behavior that her husband was exhibiting had been going on for nearly three months and he showed no signs of changing it anytime soon.