Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

"Hey," Leo whispered, before leaning to peck Milan's lips. Milan's smile didn't fade as the other boy pulled away, and he brought his arm forward to reveal a bouquet of flowers. "You got me flowers?"

"Pretty boys deserve pretty flowers," Milan replied.

Leo blinked as he accepted the flowers, his cheeks flushing red as he stared at them. For the first time, he was him blushing and not Milan. It was such a simple gesture, but it meant the world to him.

Leo leaned forward again, kissing Milan but with much more passion this time. Milan chuckled during the kiss as he patted Leo's chest.

"Not when my mom's in hearing distance, please," Milan whispered, making Leo laugh as he nodded and took a step back to create some distance between them.

Leo grabbed Milan's hand, and the two started walking towards his car. Leo glanced to his side, noticing how gorgeous Milan looked. He had told him to dress up nicely, and boy did he clean up well. He was wearing a white shirt with khaki pants, whereas Leo wore a black button up with jeans.

"You look really handsome, by the way," Leo complimented as he turned his key and started the car.

"Yeah? It isn't a bit much?" Milan asked as he looked down at himself.

"It's perfect," Leo replied. "You're perfect."

"You're so corny," Milan muttered.

"You're the one that got me flowers and I'm the corny one?" Leo questioned as he kept a hand on Milan's thigh.

"Yes," Milan answered.

"Whatever you say, mi amor," Leo chuckled.

Leo had a chunk of Christmas money saved up, so he planned on taking Milan out for a nice dinner. After parking the car, the two got out and walked inside the restaurant hand in hand.

"Table for two, please," Leo said to the attendant.

"Can I get your name and number, please? There's a two hour waiting," she replied.

"Two hour waiting?" Leo asked, making her nod.

Leo turned to the side to face Milan, who was looking at him with a blank expression. The two quietly walked back to their car, with Leo a step ahead of his boyfriend.

"Leo—"

"How did I not think of making a stupid freaking reservation?" Leo muttered, feeling frustrated at himself. "I'm an idiot and I ruined our first date."

"Hey," Milan grabbed Leo's arm, making the other boy face him as he spoke. "You didn't ruin anything."

"It's Saturday night, of course the restaurant was going to have a waiting," Leo sighed.

"Honestly? I'm not in the mood for steak or that shit anyway. What do you say we head over to Charlie's and grab a couple of cheeseburgers?" Milan suggested. Leo finally looked up from the ground at Milan, a thoughtful expression on his face.

"With fries and coke?"

"Duh." Milan grinned.

"Let's go," Leo said.

~~~

"What's in the bag?" Milan asked as Leo picked up a paper bag from the backseat as the two got out of the car before walking inside the bar where Leo used to work at.

"Just a little something," Leo shrugged.

"Okay, that's not suspicious at all," Milan slightly narrowed his eyes at his boyfriend. "What are we doing here anyway?"

"Just—"

"A little something?" Milan finished his sentence.

"Yeah," Leo replied with a cheeky grin.

After having dinner, a quite fun one at that, Leo drove them over to the bar. Milan didn't know why, and Leo wanted to surprise him with a... little something.

"Hey Jonah," Leo called out to his friend. Jonah smiled at Leo as he threw him a pair of keys, which Leo caught expertly. "Thanks Jonah. Bye Jonah."

Leo grabbed Milan's hand, as he pulled him towards the back door where the stairs were. Milan furrowed his brows in confusion, but went along with him as they went up to the roof.

The bar was uphill, and Leo knew from his time working at the place that the rooftop had a great view. So, he had asked Jonah to set up a couple of blankets for them so that they could hang out and relax.

Milan didn't say a word, just stared in wonder as the two removed their shoes before sitting down. Leo pulled out a bottle of wine and a box out of the paper bag. Milan looked curiously as Leo opened the lid of the box to reveal what was in inside.

"Macarons?" Milan asked.

"Kai and I were in the mood to bake this morning," Leo answered.

"Leo— wow," Milan let out a chuckle. "All this is so... sweet."

"You deserve the best," Leo leaned forward to peck Milan's lips. "And I swear I'll make reservations from next time."

"I'm just happy that there will be a next time," Milan said honestly.

"Of course, there will be," Leo replied. "If you think I'm letting go of you this quickly then you're wrong, cariño."

"Leo..." Milan whispered softly, as he leaned forward to rest his forehead on Leo's. "Have I told you how much I love you?"

"I wouldn't mind a reminder."

"Before I met you... I was scared to love again. But now I can't imagine a reality where I'm not in love with you," Milan said.

"Oh, Mila..." Leo's voice was gently as he spoke. "I didn't even know what love was before I met you."

***

t

he first chapter of the sequel is up on patreon! link in bio.

should I enter Delicate in the watty's? what do y'all think?