Chapter 34 A Powerful Bond

Start from the beginning

Sam grabbed Seth by the collar and punched him. Seth was a bit stung by the attack but remained focused. As Sam tried to punch Seth again, Seth blocked the attack with his left wrist and punched Sam on the countenance with his right fist. Seth then grabbed Sam by the neck and punched him once. As the free-fall battle progressed, the two drew closer to the ground, and as a result, Sam broke away from the fight and flew back to Gordon.

Seth in response, generated another hoverboard from underneath his feet, the hoverboard generated a wall of crystals from beneath which enabled him to stand afloat. As Seth followed pursuit, the wall that the hoverboard generated stretched out rapidly, mimicking the length of a serpent.

"Let's make this fun!" Seth said with a smirk, he fired his heat vision at Sam.

Fortunately, the latter took a glimpse from behind and saw the beams soar toward him, "Ah man, this guy loves playing target practice with me!" Sam replied. In response, he decreased his altitude as the beams soared past, above him.

Gordon then contacted Sam through the earpiece, "Sam, bring him back to the location where we last met. I concealed myself behind a yellow vehicle. I will launch the vehicle at him. Once I do, we will strike him at once!"

"Got it, " Sam replied and increased his flight speed.

Up ahead, Gordon hid behind the bonnet of a wrecked cab vehicle. He watched the two approach him with incredible speed. From where he crouched, he slowly lifted the vehicle and once Sam passed him from above. He launched the vehicle at Seth.

Since the latter did not account for the approaching vehicle, he retaliated by vaporizing the motor with his heat vision. Even though he did that, a haze of smoke obstructed his vision. Once the smoke wore out, an ultraviolet beam was fired upon.

Swiftly, he placed his right hand in front of him and formed a shield, once the beam came in contact with the shield, it reflected to Sam. Of course, he flew in a downward direction to avoid the beam. Since he was close enough to Seth in distance and height, he spun and attempted to strike him with a roundhouse kick from his left side.

Seth clenched his teeth in frustration and blocked the incoming attack with his left wrist. Since his right limb took the form of a shield, he used it as a weapon to strike him in the midsection. And he did so with force, easily repelling him to his left side. Sam groaned in agony as blood gushed out from his mouth. Meanwhile, Gordon threw a smoke bond in front of him to obstruct his vision. 

"Arg, Gordon! I should've killed you when I had the chance!" He shouted as Gordon leaped from where he stood to where he was, on his hoverboard. From his pocket, he took at least five pocket knives made of Codexian steel and released them to him. The knives went through the green smoke and drove deep into his flesh. Seth groaned in agony. As Gordon passed through the smoke, he punched Seth on the right side of his countenance. Though his attack connected, it lacked the necessary force to take him down and he took a few steps back instead.

Seth furrowed his brows and fired his heat vision at him, repelling him in the process.

*****************

As he stood on his feet, Dan looked at his wrist and moved his fingers freely as if he were testing the mechanics of his new mechanical hand. The dark crusted cells of his flesh wore out while new ones replaced them. He clenched his hand into a fist, and he then opened it as a burst of flames danced around it. Its blaze was phenomenal, and it reflected through his pupils. He closed his hand and limped forward. He looked around, searching for his brother, all he saw was debris, smoke, and fire. He limped around the crater until he stumbled upon his body.

The young lad, lay face flat on the crust, unconscious. Dan knelt beside him, pain spread across his knee. He couldn't bear the torment any longer as he closed his eyes and groaned. Gently, he grabbed the young by the shoulders and slowly tossed around until Harry faced him.

"Harrison..." He began as he sobbed.

He held his tears from flowing out. 

"Harrison, wake up!" He shook the young lad's body. He failed to respond.

Not only did Dan suffer excruciating pain from the exterior of his body, despite slowly recovering from his injuries. Another sensational pain was oozing from within, leaking rapidly like water dripping from the orifice of a broken pipe.

"It's never too late, kid. Fuck death, you're not dead you hear me!" He bawled.

Tears streamed down Dan's cheeks as he shook him even more. "I know that I may have been a jerk from time to time. I may have called you names, it's just that I was never good at being warm-nurtured because of my past..."

Despite his countenance receiving an outpouring from his eyes, he chuckled amid this dreadful event.

"I never realized what I had until now. That there are people who care about me; you are one of them. I want you to know that even in my outbursts, I cared about you guys, I just never showed it."

Then, a mysterious force grabbed Dan's right hand and intertwined its fingers between his. Dan marveled at this and looked down. It turns out that it was Harrison's hand. The young lad smiled and opened his left eye. 

"Beautiful, wonderfully said," Harrison said as he sat up.

Embarrassed that Harrison heard him, he shook his head as he despised the idea of being vulnerable. 

"I didn't say anything, you must've dreamt of me saying that," Dan said as he stood up and crossed his arms, immediately turning his back against him.

Harrison sat up and smiled, "It's ok, you don't have to be embarrassed. There's nothing wrong with being vulnerable with someone you're close to."

Dan sighed and turned around to face him, "I guess so," he said

He extended his hand toward Harrison. The young lad grabbed it and Dan pulled him up. They embraced one another tightly. Ah, yes, it was a wonderful experience for both of them. Their embrace bridged a new path for them, one that shimmered with optimism for a new footing together as siblings.

They released each other from their grips, Dan then looked forward and said, "Let's go and finish what we started."

Harrison sagged his shoulders and looked down. Dan turned to face him and saw remorse.

"Will the others allow me to fight with them? I'm a murderer just like Seth. Plus, I nearly got us killed because I was too thirsty for vengeance. I am not fit to be a part of the team."

Dan placed his right hand on Harrison's shoulder, he also used his left hand and held the young lad's chin. He lifted his countenance with his hand and said sternly, "Hey... look at me. I do not condone being a murderer for whatever reason. I am not going to justify what you did. What I can say is that it was a mistake, we all make mistakes..."

While Dan spoke, tears streamed down Harrison's cheeks. He was delighted that Dan did not point at his blemish and make him out to be a brainless beast.

" Who am I to judge you for acting out of anger? Who are the others to judge for your mistakes? The most important thing kid is that you learn from them"

The young lad nodded with jubilance and embraced Dan once again. This time more tightly and he patted his back.

"Thank you," Harrison said.

Dan chuckled, "No problem kid."