i'm very different

prompt: being a demon slayer when you're a demon yourself is sometimes worse than anything.

"Caw! Caw! Help! Help! Caw!" The black raven kept shouting from high above in the darkened sky, "A slayer is injured! Injured!"

(Y/N) had spent at least half an hour trying to stay conscious. Sitting against a tree in a puddle of her own blood, clutching her katana which she had plunged into the ground beneath her in a shaky but tight grip, the demon was doing her best to stabilize her heavy breathing.

The forest clearing was littered with half-disintegrated bodies of dead demons. Every single one of them had been slaughtered during their futile attempts to gnaw through (Y/N)'s throat - there was at least ten of them.

The woman couldn't exactly understand the reason why those monsters would ever want to form a pack, let alone hunt in one, but that strategy sure did give them an upper hand. The demon  was exhausted.

The blood art of her enemies seemed to contain some kind of poison and she could feel her legs giving out. She would be able to recover, but the process would take a long time due to her regeneration abilities being slowed down by the nasty creatures.

Blood flowed down the slayer's face from the huge gash on her head and the woman could barely lift her clawed hand to wipe the sticky liquid away rom her eyes. (Y/N) couldn't really hear her crow, Kiba, calling out for help, circling somewhere high in the clouds - there was constant ringing in the demoness's ears, her eyes were seeing double and the veins on her face and body swelled up so badly that her heartbeat was echoing throughout all parts of her body.

The poison was working fast. It hurt so much that (Y/N) wanted to scream her heart out but could only muster up enough strength to wheeze and swallow the fresh night air greedily.

At least she had managed to kill that whole disgusting pack.

Gritting her teeth tightly, (Y/N) forced herself to control her heavy breaths and finally went to concentrate them. It was necessary to stop the process of poisoning somehow, otherwise she wouldn't live to see another day.

"Caw! Caw! Help!" The raven dived deep into the trees suddenly and the demon lost sight of him completely. A few minutes passed and she could hear steps and voices, but she couldn't make anything out.

Two kakushi stopped at the clearing. Led by Kiba, they had easily found the wounded woman and hurried to help her. But as soon as they saw her, both healers suddenly started to hesitate.

"Is... is that a demon?" One of them asked in bewilderment, glancing at his colleague.
"Seems like it," the other one squinted, looking at the injured woman from afar.

(Y/N) felt blood rising up to her throat suddenly and didn't even have the strength to turn her head to the side when a fountain of red liquid mixed with her own acidic saliva gushed out of her mouth, staining her silky haori and uniform.

"Slayer! Injured! Need help! Stop poison!" The raven shouted, hovering over the heads of the kakushi.

"Only Kochou-sama can treat poison. Hurry, let's take her to the Estate." One of the healers said, stepping towards (Y/N), but was immediately stopped by the other.

"Hold on. Look at that thing," The masked man gestured at the barely breathing woman, "It's a demon. A demon is different from a human, it doesn't need medical attention. Demons regenerate."