"right, then. first years. this way, please!" a very large man with a big beard and lots of hair beckons.

"come on, now, first years, don't be shy. come on now, hurry up"

everyone awes at the large man as the rest of the students get of the train.

"right, then. this way to the boats. come on, now, follow me"

you and hermione exchange a glance before following after the large man, who was holding a lantern in front of him to be able to see.

you look around at the rest of the first years as they all follow after the man, scanning everyone in a close range.

your lips part slightly as you all approach a very large lake, with numerous boats sitting, waiting the first years arrival.

you and hermione sit next to each other on the front of the boat, you holding up the lantern.

you hug hermione's arm as the boats start to move, her cheeks turn slightly pink.

you look down at the lake, dipping your fingers in the cold water.

you smile slightly at the cold sensation, pulling away when you feel hermione tugging at your robes.

you look back at her, only to find her staring up at something.

hearing many gasps of awe, you look up yourself.

your jaw immediately drops.

the most gorgeous castle you had ever seen was awaiting you at the middle of the lake.

it was large and built of stone, immediately reminding you of the princess stories your father used to read to you where the prince would save the princess from a mean, old witch.

you mouth stretches into a wide, amazed grin.

you hug hermione's arm to your chest, "isn't it beautiful?"

she nods in a sort of daze, her lips parted as she stared up at the castle.

you feel yourself get more giddy as the boats approach the castle, biting your lip to refrain yourself from yelping out in excitement.

you fiddle with your fingers as you finally arrive at the castle, staring around it in awe as everybody enters through a hall, going up three flights of stairs before stopping in front of a very stern looking woman.

"welcome to hogwarts" she holds her hands together in front of her, scanning each and every one of you. her eyes land on you, pausing for a moment before moving on.

"now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses."

you raise an eyebrow in confusion,

houses?

"they are gryffindor, hufflepuff, ravenclaw, and slytherin."

you hold your hands together,

they all sound lovely!

"now while you're here, your house will be like your family. your triumphs will earn you points. any rule-breaking, and you will lose points. at the end of the year, the house awarded with the most points will be awarded with house cup" she explains.

you glance downward at a croaking noise.

you blink down at a fairly large toad,

is that neville's toad?

"trevor!" neville shouts, finally noticing. he rushes forward, taking trevor in his hands.

"sorry" he apologizes, looking up guiltily at the lady before walking back to his spot, you wave to him as he goes by, he gives you an embarrassed smile.