"Hair Ties"

When you wake up you notice it's still dark out. You look around and don't see anything unusual. That's when you realize that Eddie was using your legs as a pillow and was out stone cold. As of now, you can barely recall last night but all you really remember was knocking out hard. You look at your watch to see that it's 5 in the morning. "Perfect" you whisper to yourself. The store you go to for hair supplies opened at 5:30 so you can go and get the stuff he needs to do his hair.

"You see the pillow that's on the cushioned chair and try to grab it. "What are you doing?" you hear Eddie mumble. He tiredly sits up and rubs his eyes before looking at you. "Oh, did I fall asleep on you? Shit, I'm sorry" you hear him grumble.

"No, it's fine. Personally, I think I'm a good pillow" you respond with a snicker. He looks at you and you can tell he's smirking even though it's a pitch-black room.

"That's the best I've crashed in a while so I suppose you do make a good pillow" he responds and you both laugh.

"Well since your up now. Do you wanna come with me to get your hair ties and get some breakfast before school? It's on meee" you say and nudge him. 

"Sure, why the hell not" he shrugs and stands up.

"Your changing first, you're not going to go to school smelling like weed.." you tell him.

"Why are you treating me like a little kid Miss Henderson?" he asks in a questionable tone.

"Fine then, if you're going to complain I won't get you breakfast," you say with a huff.

"No! no! I'm not complaining!" he says in retort and you can't help but laugh.

"Then come on let's go," you say and stand up.

You go outside and start the car as you wait for him. You tap the steering wheel and stare at the rearview mirror waiting to see him come out.

A moment later you hear a knock on your window and you nearly jump out of your skin. You look at your window and see his uncle. You sigh while placing your hand over your heart. You roll down the window.

"Sorry to scare ya," he says with a slight chuckle.

"It's fine you just scared me out of my skin," you say with a shaky breath.

"So what are you doing here this early in the morning?" he asks you with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm taking Eddie to get some hair ties so I can teach him how to do his hair differently than having it down," you say with a smile.

"I told him to do that awhile ago but of course, he never listened to me when it came to it. He told me he likes it "basic" he smiles. "Well make sure you bring him back before school," he says.

"Dont worry! After we get his hair ties I'm gonna take him out to breakfast then drop him off at school" you respond and he smiles at you again.

"I'm glad he's talking to someone that actually seems like a decent good influence on him," he says before backing up. "Well it was nice actually meeting ya" he smiles and walks to the trailer.

Just as you see him about to go inside Eddie opens the door and lets him in before walking out and hopping in the passenger seat. "Did he say anything to you?" Eddie asks.

"Oh nothing, just about how you never listened to him when he told you that you should try something new with your hair," you say to him with a smirk on your face.

"Well... Maybe I am a little basic with my hair..." he says and rubs his neck. You laugh and begin to drive.

"Well it looks nice either way but teaching you how to put it into things that can help you cool down in the heat will do nothing but help you" you respond.