"High Haven"

Eddie came back into the room a few seconds later with a metal lunch box and sits down. You are sitting sideways in the cushioned chair with your feet sitting up on one of the chair arms and eddies sitting against the chair arm to your right. You both could've sat on the couch but personally, you thought the chair had more cushion. You kinda felt bad for Eddie sitting on the floor but he didn't really seem like it bothered him  You watch him open the lunch box and take out a bag full of weed. He takes it and rolls it up into at all. messy joint.

"Wanna share?" he asks while holding the Joint up to you. You look at it and cringe slightly.

"I'm not into that kinda stuff" you answer. He quickly spins around from sitting against the armchair and looks at you with a shocking impression. "What? I've never smoked anything. I just have never understood the reason for it" you say with a shrug.

"You are the literal definition of drug dealer vibes and look sketchy as fuck" he says with a scoff.

"The only reason you think I look "sketchy as fuck" is because I'm wearing the type of clothes you wear," you say with an eyebrow raised.

He smirks and shakes his head. "Well... there's a first time for everything," he says as he lights the joint and holds it out to you again.

"What is even the purpose of it?" you ask with a sigh.

"It calms you down and makes you feel like you're floating in the clouds," he says in what you would call a "fairytale" tone.

You sit up and take the joint. You put it in between your index and middle finger then look at him with a confused face. "Just put the side that's facing you on your lips and suck. Then you blow the smoke out. That's it" he says while he watches you.

You do what he says and by accident, you swallow the smoke and start coughing. "Shoulda saw that one coming," he says and quickly gets you a glass of water. He hands you the glass of water and takes the joint. You drink the water as he sits and watches you laughing his ass off. "That wasn't funny!" you yell as you cough some more.

"Yes, it very much was," he says with a smirk. "Dont worry I did the same exact thing my first time," he says while taking a blow of the joint. You stop coughing and he hands it to you again. "At first only suck a little and blow out. Then you can do more once you get used to it" he says with a bit of expertness in his voice.

You do it again and this time you do it right. You don't really feel anything besides being a tiny bit dizzy. "It's going to take a while to kick in since this joint sucks," he says as you take turns passing the joint to one another. "So while we wait... what do you wanna talk about?" he says in a questioning tone.

You move off the chair and sit to face him. "Wellll... now that I talked to you about my family and some of my past... Why dont you talk to me about yours?" you say with another puff of the joint.

You pass the joint to him and he stays silent. He fidgets with the join in between his fingers. "If it brings up bad memories then you dont have to talk about it" you nudge his shoulder gently with your fist.

"No no you opened up to me and you barely know me," he says with a shaky breath. "It would only be fair to tell you mine" he answers as he shakily takes another puff of the joint and hands it back to you.

You watch him as he sighs and begins to speak. "When I was younger I lived with my mom and dad. My mom was the person who took care of us and worked day and night just to feed dad and me. All my dad ever did was smoke and drink allll day like there was nothing better he could do" Eddie says in a melancholy tone. "If my dad wasn't watching TV and sleeping in his chair all day he would be out with "the boys". They would always be out stealing something or buying drugs. If they weren't doing that then they were probably at a club drinking more." Eddie continues.